What's new

Soundtoys 5

AMAROK13

I am also looking for good plug ins effects processing.

What do you think of Soundtoys 5?

It looks like a breathtaking plug-ins suite.

To complete this bundle, I thought to take in addition, Valhalla Vintage Reverb, Klanghelm MJUC, MautoDynamicEQ.

What do you think of this choice?

You really can't go wrong with SoundToys. The most fun and musical effects I've ever used....definitely my go-to, FWIW.

If possible I would wait until Black Friday however, as they usually have good sales.

If you have no other Valhalla plugs, I definitely recommend starting with Valhalla Room. And then, buy all the rest of them as soon as you can. But Va-Room is on everything I mix somewhere.

Echo Boy, Decapitator and Tremelator (sp???) are also great...

Thank you for your answers.

It is true that according to the videos, A KILL these plug ins.

Waiting for the black friday, but in several months, Need pretty quickly, so, unfortunately, I will not be able to take advantage of this beautiful offer very interesting.

No, I still have nothing basic, I thought the fab filter bundle which is a reference too.

I ask the question in view of the price, that the Soundtoys 5 plus the other plug ins mentioned before could fill the lack of the pack from Soundtoys 5, what do you think?

If you have other suggestions, especially, do not hesitate

For now, I have only the Vallalha Shimmer, a marvel.

Too bad on your timing, as most Soundtoys have been amazingly low cost in past and will be again.
Luv Valhalla Plate and will be adding Room very soon.
( broken record comment ; If you look at FX in Omni 2 'carefully' you will be amazed, and they are solid versions, not cheapy stuff.
then … almost any of pluginguru recent libs, have all of additional FX he has tweaked for years …. huge number! ) :cool:
Latest Omni 2.5 has added amazing capability/flexibility with all FX …… covered nicely in past Saturday YT Livestream.

Black Friday, it is late year a little long to wait.

Plug ins Valhalla are excellent bills and for a price more than interesting.

I suspect that Omnisphere 2 must have an arsenal of the most convincing and powerful effects. In addition the plug ins guru brings a more significant.

It seems to me that Omnisphere 2 would have a place in my set up apparently

It is also true that Slate plug ins are very rich too.

Thank you for your answer.

Fab filter, Sound Toys 5 bundle, and Kush Audio are the plugins I use most by far. Tested many plugins and passed only because Sound Toys has something similar that does it better. Echoboy alone outranks more than a dozen plugins like it. Crystalizer, Decapitator, Feakfilter2 are all fantastic, even panman, Microshift, Tremolator and Phase Mistress get regularly used.

Not just the sound (which seems warmer and more analog than the rest) but the presets, some of which are so unique and beautiful (the tweak pages should be industry standard) I haven't found anything digital that does it better. All have great presets and starting points. I really don't know why other plugin developers don't put as much work into their presets, it gets the most out of the plugins yet tweaking it back or making it stand out more is always an option.

If you find Soundtoys 5 bundle at half price or better grab it. I had bought 4 of their plugins before realizing through my account with them I could pick up the rest of the bundle for $50 (perhaps it was a special deal going on at the time)- amazing. So glad I jumped in. Fab filter doesn't have those deep sales (maybe 20-30%) but again, every plugin you buy brings the price of the others down. I ended up picking up most of them for 60% or more after buying a small bundle on sale.

It pays to wait for a sale like the current sale at Kush Audio (50% off). Clariphonic has a great way of adding sheen to dull sample libraries, and Novotron is by far my favorite compressor- if I want transparency I use Fab Filter C2, if I want character (more analog warmth yet punchier) I use Novotron. Check out the videos. Even their preamps sound nice.

Fab filter, Sound Toys 5 bundle, and Kush Audio are the plugins I use most by far. Tested many plugins and passed only because Sound Toys has something similar that does it better. Echoboy alone outranks more than a dozen plugins like it. Crystalizer, Decapitator, Feakfilter2 are all fantastic, even panman, Microshift, Tremolator and Phase Mistress get regularly used.

Not just the sound (which seems warmer and more analog than the rest) but the presets, some of which are so unique and beautiful (the tweak pages should be industry standard) I haven't found anything digital that does it better. All have great presets and starting points. I really don't know why other plugin developers don't put as much work into their presets, it gets the most out of the plugins yet tweaking it back or making it stand out more is always an option.

If you find Soundtoys 5 bundle at half price or better grab it. I had bought 4 of their plugins before realizing through my account with them I could pick up the rest of the bundle for $50 (perhaps it was a special deal going on at the time)- amazing. So glad I jumped in. Fab filter doesn't have those deep sales (maybe 20-30%) but again, every plugin you buy brings the price of the others down. I ended up picking up most of them for 60% or more after buying a small bundle on sale.

It pays to wait for a sale like the current sale at Kush Audio (50% off). Clariphonic has a great way of adding sheen to dull sample libraries, and Novotron is by far my favorite compressor- if I want transparency I use Fab Filter C2, if I want character (more analog warmth yet punchier) I use Novotron. Check out the videos. Even their preamps sound nice.

I have been hearing so many good things here about Soundtoys, Kush, Fab Filter and Valhalla plugins. So many endorsements whenever the names are brought up.

Just wondering how would the various Waves (the multiple versions of each type of reverb, eq, compression etc plus the plugins that are supposed to be hardware emulations) compare against the ones you mentioned above? Is there a perceptible difference in favour of Soundtoys, Kush, Fab Filter and Valhalla?

I have been hearing so many good things here about Soundtoys, Kush, Fab Filter and Valhalla plugins. So many endorsements whenever the names are brought up.

Just wondering how would the various Waves (the multiple versions of each type of reverb, eq, compression etc plus the plugins that are supposed to be hardware emulations) compare against the ones you mentioned above? Is there a perceptible difference in favour of Soundtoys, Kush, Fab Filter and Valhalla?

Yes. I own most of the wave plugins and although they are modeled after analog gear, they still have a digital feel, as if they are all convolution emulations, where ST, Kush, FF, all work hard to make the sound of the signal and processing top priority, and it shows. The presets also gives you a lot to work with to start. I can show you comparisons of a few products if you want to hear the difference, Just post the sound file (or files) you'd like to try through them. Usually something dry and consistent is best (guitar, bass, drums, keys, whatever).

Waves doesn't give you the presets. It's just like buying the original analog gear- few if any presets and not a lot you can tweak on it. Although that would be fine if the sound matched the orignal analog gear, but it doesn't have the warmth or solid sound of the originals. So you buy it and use it on a few things. But after working working with the others above, you can definitely hear the difference.

I highly recommend the plugins from MeldaProduction and they have a 50% sale running all this week.

You can demo all of them for free and they offer an excellent bundle of free plugins. One of the nice things about Melda is that the developer is always improving the plugins and you get lifetime free updates.

If you are considering bundles, this is a really good time to pick up one of theirs.

That's right, it would be better to wait, worry, the promo not before the end of the year at SoundToys, way too long unfortunately.

Kush not bad indeed, by cons, not certain that possible to use their plug ins with an account Ilok free.

It is true that the rendering plug ins Soubdtoys is really impressive, beautiful.

Thank you very much for the information on the Melda promo.

I do not doubt the effectiveness of these plug ins, however, from an ergonomic point of view, I have a little trouble.

Which prevents, that very interesting products, of which, the EQ Dynamic.

That's right, it would be better to wait, worry, the promo not before the end of the year at SoundToys, way too long unfortunately.

Kush not bad indeed, by cons, not certain that possible to use their plug ins with an account Ilok free.

It is true that the rendering plug ins Soubdtoys is really impressive, beautiful.

Thank you very much for the information on the Melda promo.

I do not doubt the effectiveness of these plug ins, however, from an ergonomic point of view, I have a little trouble.

Which prevents, that very interesting products, of which, the EQ Dynamic.
Well worth the wait... Watch the outer limits video and there's a good chance you'll cave :P
Melda is excellent, but definitely not for everyone... Their UI's aren't very intuitive and it's easy to get lost in multiple pop out windows...

Outer Limits, 23:00 onward...

I am also looking for good plug ins effects processing.

What do you think of Soundtoys 5?

It looks like a breathtaking plug-ins suite.

To complete this bundle, I thought to take in addition, Valhalla Vintage Reverb, Klanghelm MJUC, MautoDynamicEQ.

What do you think of this choice?

rather than MAutoDynamicEQ I would use TDR NOVA - it really is very good and you can use the free one to test if you like it. https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/ I just use the free one, it really is that good

If you have everything you need for basic mixing tasks, Soundtoys is definitely the "next step" on your creative process.
I'm as big a Soundtoys fan as anybody, but...

My advice would be to focus first on getting the best possible bread and butter plugins for everyday mixing and mastering--EQ, Compression, Reverb, Limiting, etc. It takes time to research the best ones, because there are so many options. Depending on your music, one or two Soundtoys plugins might be on your list.

And then, buy the whole Soundtoys bundle at Black Friday. You will get a discount from any Soundtoys plugins you already own.

I dont know if it works out better to have these or not to get Soundtoys 5 bundle on the Black Friday sales - someone else might be able to help you there, but I am selling a couple in the For Sale subforum
- Echoboy $72 (bundled with echoboy jr on my ilok account so you get that as well if you want)
- Tremolator $49

and someone else is selling the whole bundle which might be better again. But I am not looking to pressure you so find out if it is better pricewise to wait until Black Friday if you can

I'm as big a Soundtoys fan as anybody, but...

My advice would be to focus first on getting the best possible bread and butter plugins for everyday mixing and mastering--EQ, Compression, Reverb, Limiting, etc. It takes time to research the best ones, because there are so many options. Depending on your music, one or two Soundtoys plugins might be on your list.

And then, buy the whole Soundtoys bundle at Black Friday. You will get a discount from any Soundtoys plugins you already own.

AGREE ! Already have (5) 'Little' xxxx, Tremolator5, Sie-Q5, Devil-Loc5, and 'trade-up' to Bundle got as low as $99. (before recent 5.2.4 Updates), $125. after.
Definitely hoping for similar number by BlkFri.

Top Bottom