What's new

Soundpaint not working suddenly just now. Seems like a server issue, Is it just me?

we did discuss this and everyone agreed there should have been better communication -- i understood they did sent out a follow up email. we do have 2+1 great people in-house that do all the 8dio/soundpaint in-person customer support and i think that's where most of the focus is. the discord chats for better or worse are the "official" community discussions. i'm not sure how much they look at 3rd party boards. i think in general us engineers get thumbs up when we post -- "straight from the horses mouth," as it were. i personally wouldn't care about hearing from the Troels but i do understand where y'all are coming from.

Good to have you back Matt.
The only mail I got related to this incident was on the 19th which didn't really fully described the whole situation like you did here.

Since you posted on the 20th, only emails I got was promotional emails from Soundpaint.
Yes, been regularly checking spams, too.
Well maybe I won't get any further email after all.

Good to hear some more details on how the program runs. Thanks for that.

just to clarify: one instance of Soundpaint has to be online and logged in to validate any newly installed library. after that, no server communication is needed to run -- you can be offline forever after that. the usual download should be no problem as you are online anyway. you can though install libraries copying from other machines/drives, so if you do that offline you will need to take the destination computer back online before you can use those specific libraries.

Whether we receive further email or not, I'll wait for few more days and try to put 'case closed' mark on the title. If there's no point on waiting why drag this any longer anyway. I'd like to quote Matt's posts on the top as well. But also, I'll include the fact there wasn't official follow-up email on this matter and you should check the discord to join the 'official community'.(I won't, but there'
ll be people happy to join them)

Personally Matt, really appreciate how you came here and try to explain and lighten up the situation. As you pointed out, good to see SP realizing that there could have been better communication. Like you said above, If your understanding is that they sent out an follow-up email and we didn't, that shows poor communication inside the company unfortunately. It is not your fault. Or maybe everyone else got the email and I didn't, or I just missed and that'd be my fault.(If so, someone share the email for me?)

I just find this whole thing can be resolved so easy and we can put an end to this, since initial error was just a bug. Maybe I'm the one dragging this over this email I've been waiting for. I feel very stupid.

Not sure what lib updates have to do with this thread, but FWIW, we do have patch updates implemented for Soundpaint libraries. I am not involved with the 8dio side, but i do think they are currently creating a way to do the same for the Kontakt libraries.
Nothing against you personally as previously said but this is what has greeted me today when I started SoundPaint. Yesterday was working fine. Version 1.1.1 (Jul 20 2022 13:23:27). No update available.

Clipboard117.jpg

And to come back to the discussion: The point that I was making is that there is a difference between the company saying to themselves "We fixed the issue!" and me, as an end-user, knowing that you have indeed fixed the issue or that you are aware of the issue if there is no proper channel of communication between 8dio/SoundPaint and its customers. So I am again asking: where is the information that this issue has been fixed in any of your public facing channels available to the world. And please do not direct me to email support/chat/join Discord or ask me to login to check what is the latest version.

How difficult it is to actually have a public page on your website with the latest version information for every product/library sold, the release release date of that version and the corresponding change log?

Is 8dio/SoundPaint expecting that each and every customer will send an e-mail to support to actually ask for the latest update?

I do not expect you - Matt - as a programmer to be the one that is making that decision because it really should not be your remit, but there is an expectation from the company to actually communicate properly with both prospective and existing customers.

Nothing against you personally as previously said but this is what has greeted me today when I started SoundPaint. Yesterday was working fine. Version 1.1.1 (Jul 20 2022 13:23:27). No update available.
interesting. this was the same DAW you were using yesterday? are you using multiple instances/accounts or anything like that?

And to come back to the discussion: The point that I was making is that there is a difference between the company saying to themselves "We fixed the issue!" and me, as an end-user, knowing that you have indeed fixed the issue or that you are aware of the issue if there is no proper channel of communication between 8dio/SoundPaint and its customers. So I am again asking: where is the information that this issue has been fixed in any of your public facing channels available to the world. And please do not direct me to email support/chat/join Discord or ask me to login to check what is the latest version.

How difficult it is to actually have a public page on your website with the latest version information for every product/library sold, the release release date of that version and the corresponding change log?

Is 8dio/SoundPaint expecting that each and every customer will send an e-mail to support to actually ask for the latest update?

I do not expect you - Matt - as a programmer to be the one that is making that decision because it really should not be your remit, but there is an expectation from the company to actually communicate properly with both prospective and existing customers.
yeah, i don't really know what to say -- i'm just an engineer and only here to set the facts straight, i'm not really here (or very good at it, if you ask my wife! ;) ) to offer apologies or ease any concerns. i would say that i do not think anyone else is looking at this forum so if you want to get more information or issue complaints, it would be best to contact soundpaint directly or post on the Discord forum..

It was the standalone version. If it helps, I have went from whatever version (I did not check at the time) was not correctly functioning last week (and started me on this thread) to the beta shared on this forum and then to the 1.1.1. Generally, I have used SoundPaint standalone not in a DAW. From time to time I use it in Nuendo 12 (12.0.30 currently installed) but it's been more than month since I even loaded it on a track in Nuendo.

It was the standalone version. If it helps, I have went from whatever version (I did not check at the time) was not correctly functioning last week (and started me on this thread) to the beta shared on this forum and then to the 1.1.1. Generally, I have used SoundPaint standalone not in a DAW. From time to time I use it in Nuendo 12 (12.0.30 currently installed) but it's been more than month since I even loaded it on a track in Nuendo.
ok thanks. that sounds like the bug. although if you logged in after it happened on any of those versions it shouldn't have shown up again. let me know if you do see it again on 1.1.1.

OK, if there's a log file option that I can enable somewhere that I can later send your way if the login prompt appears, please let me know.

Side note, even though I live in a large city, the internet in my particular area is quite flaky (if I really need to upload/download something reliably I have to use mobile data/5G).

A nifty feature of this forum, is that you can actually see the last time a user was active by clicking on their profile.
Hypothetically, we could apply this to see if "soundpaint management" are indeed no longer active here, or perhaps simply choosing not to contribute.

Hypothetically.

EDIT: My point being, I don't think anybody need hold their breath for a "word from management" on VI-C anymore.

Last edited:
... what's the last time a word was posted? :scout:
Hehe. Never mind. I forget how this forum has a knack to always interpret shit in the most negative way possible. I am glad our website mod helped us achieve that moment sooner. Proceed. There is no hope and the entire world will go to shit. And the thread goes on the ignore list.

So? Last seen: past sunday. Pretty recent check-in, no?
Precisely.

Recent enough to have not only seen this thread, but also the notifications from being tagged in it.
And yet.... (?)

All I'm saying, is if anybody wants to communicate with the face of the company, you're clearly much better off using the direct lines either on their website, or discord servers.

Surprise, just started SoundPaint standalone today and... See below!
Strange, I've been using it without issue for the last few hours. Is this the first time you've initiated it since the issues months ago? What version are you running?

Used it last week in standalone. Just verified and it's the same 1.1.1. I have looked also on the SoundPaint website and it's indeed the last version available.

Top Bottom