What's new

Soundiron's Olympus Choir Micro?

Well I think Requiem Light is quite versatile nice sounding and easy to use. It can be used for softer parts and for loud passages. Here is small attempt that use RL for softer type track, choir start at 1:04 and 2:20.

And another is more "epic" one, choir start at 2:13.

I will choose RL over Olympus elements.

Honestly, in the first example the dynamics still sound quite agressive compared to what i would call soft/low dynamic. I have no idea wether Elements is better, i personally use Light, but the dynamics are just very limited.

Clare's solo vocals are still available!

Hi. I was referring to the last free 1.0 version of Clara's Vocal Library before they've it went commercial at 2.0. AFAIK, 1.0 and even 2.0 disappeared from the Internet since Ethera line of libraries by Zero-G was introduced.

Hi. I was referring to the last free 1.0 version of Clara's Vocal Library before they've it went commercial at 2.0. AFAIK, 1.0 and even 2.0 disappeared from the Internet since Ethera line of libraries by Zero-G was introduced.

It never disappeared. As Martin H. posted, it is available at VSTBuzz in their freebie section, but it is also still on their own website as donation ware (though you can just use the bittorrent link for free, or choose to donate nothing). Seems to be 2.0 instead of 1.0 though, but it makes sense that they only host the updated version.

https://ivyaudio.com/Clare-Solo

It's very much a personal taste thing. I prefer Requiem Light over OE personally, but it depends what you're using choir for.

Here are some comparison stats:

Lyrical Content in Requiem Light - Vowels only in Olympus Elements, but more vowels (8 instead of 6)

Large Cathedral sound (long reverb) in Requiem Light - Medium Church sound in Olympus Elements(shorter reverb, easier to control to put your own reverb on)

45 Singers in Requiem Light - 63 Singers in Olympus Elements
thanks for this info. Having used both, could you think of other comparisons to draw, perhaps more qualitative? I tend to like soft to mid dynamics (as opposed to aggressive) - would RL be better for this?

thanks for this info. Having used both, could you think of other comparisons to draw, perhaps more qualitative? I tend to like soft to mid dynamics (as opposed to aggressive) - would RL be better for this?

If I made a comparison video, what would you want to see/hear?

Requiem Light is my go-to library for working quickly because it sounds great to just load up and play.
It has syllables so you can make phrases, and has a really great blended choral sound.
Almost double the GB size / content of OE.

I would say that Olympus Elements does better soft stuff because of the shorter reverb and more pad and ambient style content included. You can also divide parts better between SATB divisi, so overall a little more control than RL. If you just want sustains/pads/vowels, it's perfect for that.

Top Bottom