Soundcloud Pro Plan, twice the price?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by VgsA, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Mornats

Mornats Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    This is what I'm thinking. I've got some orchestral stuff, some electronic/hip-hop stuff and some weird stuff on there. It would be good for me to focus and put just the good stuff on one account.

2. Polkasound

Polkasound Senior Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI
    Not necessarily. Right now, you're just a pin prick. 99.99% of complainers remain pin pricks -- they launch a little tirade and then disappear in a huff because their time is worth more than the monetary compensation they're seeking. SoundCloud is probably not going to bother spending their time dealing with you unless you become a thorn. It's the professional, organized, and absolutely unrelenting complainers who get results.

It far easier for a business to screw 100 people out of $10 than to screw one person out of $1,000.

3. AlexanderSchiborr

AlexanderSchiborr Senior Member

May 1, 2014
    I had for many years a pro account and in the early days of sc, I really liked the page a lot, it was very fast, no bullshit popup windows telling me unnessary advertising bullcrap, so until that point, everything was ok, but where they started with little design changes / so called "updates" of their page killing my nerves because many good streamlined essentiell things suddenly start to dissapear or beeing hidden behind 5 more clicks or were completey removed, but replaced with other nonsense and stupid things with no ryhme or reason I simply had enough and stopped my yearly pro plan and to tell them just simply to fuck off. No sc premium membership since then for me anymore.

Also they blocked a couple of tracks from me because I uploaded copyrighted material..yeah, it was a mockup of mozarts night symphony. I filed in a ticket, explained that to him, no response. The track was blocked, I even coulndĀ“t delete it. Support is a catastrophy. In a nutshell: Soundcloud was imo a great plattform back then but transformed into something very typical what I call "money transforms things into shit" which unfortunately people like me contributed to it which I regret the most.

N.Caffrey, mike753, VgsA and 2 others like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    VgsA

VgsA Active Member

May 23, 2014
    I can only divide electronic and the rest lol good luck with that, though!

It really sucks that it works like that, but you're totally right. Sigh.

Couldn't agree more, I saw how it went totally backwards when they launched the ''new site'' (you know, when they went to the new skin and all). Lots of trouble since then, like people unable to listen to my stuff on their phones...

5. X-Bassist

X-Bassist Senior Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Your completely correct to take this opportunity to find a site that serves you better (make sure to let us know what you decide). For $30 a month you should be able to find something you can customize, put pictures wherever you want, and change things around as much as you want. Soundcloud went from an indie company (cool and simple) to an ad tool, trying to capture eyeballs with free music then flash ads in front of them. It had it's run, but someone else can take up the simple and cheap mantle.

I would bet we are at that point where there are some under $20/year that will do all you want. Then just get a free soundcloud account with some good songs called "For more music goto www...." and drain out their viewers. ;)

VgsA likes this.
  6. X-Bassist

X-Bassist Senior Member

Sep 26, 2015
    A professional SUPER prick?!? I never knew there was such a job. Low pay, but the satisfaction of a job well over-done. ;) I guess I can be a Thorn too.

7. OP
    OP
    VgsA

VgsA Active Member

May 23, 2014
    I'm actually between Orfium (https://www.orfium.com/profile/abelvegas/) which is completely free AFAIK, and has a VERY cool feature that lets you upload one single track and have 2 artists linked to it, no need to upload them individually in each profile. That way you share plays, comments and all! Also, the design looks great to me. The other is BandCamp, which is also free and unlimited (again AFAIK) (https://abelvegas.bandcamp.com/), lets you sell your tracks for a small revenue (which I consider fair), and quite customizable. I only have a couple of months left to migrate my stuff and do what you said about redirecting people to that site. I'll put a message on my SC banner so people know that I'm done with SC.

Does someone know if Spotify is free for artists too? I know a lot of people use Spotify, I don't (yet...)

Thank you everyone for your comments!!

8. OP
    OP
    VgsA

VgsA Active Member

May 23, 2014
    I forgot to mention that Orfium streams at 320kbps as opposed to SoundCloud's 128kbps. Not sure about BandCamp.

9. Mornats

Mornats Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Another annoying thing about SoundCloud is that it won't tell you the total time your tracks take up so you can't see how close to the limit you are.

10. OP
    OP
    VgsA

VgsA Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Only when you have little time left, yeah. It's now telling me I only have 3 more minutes, so...

11. michelsimons

michelsimons Active Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Delft
    I don't think it's free.

VgsA likes this.
  12. JohnMarkPainter

JohnMarkPainter New Member

Feb 27, 2019
    Nashville, TN
    If you don't get billed one month, they make it up later.
    If you are on an annual plan and your payment method doesn't clear (my credit card changed expiration date) they will back-charge you when you update your payment info even if you haven't using it
    (guess how I know that...)