What's new

Sound Design in Cubase

Erik Couttolenc

Does anyone know the process in which sound design would work from cubase? From recording a sound to getting it into the DAW and start manipulating it with pitch, time stretch, etc... Does cubase have the capability to do those things on its own, or do I need external plugins?

Does anyone know the process in which sound design would work from cubase? From recording a sound to getting it into the DAW and start manipulating it with pitch, time stretch, etc... Does cubase have the capability to do those things on its own, or do I need external plugins?
You can do most of basic stuff in Cubase itself without third party plugins. At least if you use full version of Cubase, not LE or Artist versions.

Cubase has an amazing sampler now. You can sample, drag and drop from your main window, back and forth. It really is something. I ignored it for years then tried it and found that it is quite good for single sounds. I recorded my hardware synth, put it in sampler, did all sorts of stuff, pulled it back into Cubase. Did some more stuff, put it back in the sampler and created an instrument from it.

Top Bottom