What's new

Sooo many reverbs but which one would you prefer for orchestral use?

H.R.

Lexicon was my favorite until Fabfilter Pro-R came out. TBH, anything by Fabfilter is best for anything :)

averystemmler

What's nice about fabfilter's? Curious.
It's, in my opinion, the best balance of flexible and intuitive of the "transparent" algorithmic reverbs I've tried. It's really good at positioning dry/dryish signals in a space, and it's light enough that you can put many instances on smaller groups and tailor the dampening and EQ as needed.

And, as with all FF products, it's easy on the eyes and very thoughtfully designed.

ChristianM

It seems that the upgrade of space 2 from space 1 does not exist anymore ...
I found anyway this upgrade much too expensive since it always came back to So.Cal to have the microphones of all the orchestral instruments in same space.

Now, I use 7th heaven pro.

Lee Blaske

For orchestral use, I use VSS3, FabFilter Pro-R, Lexicon and 2CAudio B2. B2 is fantastic, but it uses a LOT of computer power. I've got all the high-end convolution verbs (7th Heaven Pro, Altiverb, MIR, etc.) but I just find I get better results with algorithmic reverbs (more clarity and transparency). Blackhole and Mangledverb are fantastic for non-realistic sounds.

I love FF pro-R because how easy it is to use. Great ui, feels like it was built for composers. Like all the other FF plugins they’re so easy to use but you can get really detailed and advanced.

Doug

still vertical
FYI Fabfilter plugins (including Pro-R) are 40% off at audiodeluxe, jrrshop and probably others.

Akarin

pragsound.com
I love these reverb threads... I use a complicated setup of several Spaces 2 instances to try to match Spitfire libs early reflections (Berlin Church, 2.2s with decay set at 90% comes close to Air Studios) and VSS3 for the glue/tail reverb...

...and then, I realized that non musicians absolutely can't tell the difference with those times where I'm lazy and just slap Valhalla Room or Pro-R on the master bus :-p

ricoderks

For orchestral use, I use VSS3, FabFilter Pro-R, Lexicon and 2CAudio B2. B2 is fantastic, but it uses a LOT of computer power. I've got all the high-end convolution verbs (7th Heaven Pro, Altiverb, MIR, etc.) but I just find I get better results with algorithmic reverbs (more clarity and transparency). Blackhole and Mangledverb are fantastic for non-realistic sounds.
I think Seventh Heaven is absolutely great. Especially with a algorithmic blend like b2 of Pro-R. I wished B2 was less cpu consuming.... :(

Will Blackburn

Could anyone with Reverberate clarify for me how to use true stereo impulses correctly? A tad confused with the A/B options underneath both IR 1 & 2 in the presets section. If i'm loading two True Stereo impulse (L & R) should L be on 'Ir1 A' and R on 'Ir2 A' ?? By default it loads L on Ir1 A and R on Ir1 B but seems to sound much wider and denser with one on Ira1 A and one on Ir2 A ?????

lpuser

It seems that the upgrade of space 2 from space 1 does not exist anymore ...
It still exists and is on the product page via "buy now". Pricing is indeed a bit high, but I found Spaces to be one of the best reverbs for classical instruments. I have also tested 7th Heaven (which is nearly equally expensive) but it did not match my personal taste. Reverbs is always a difficult topic and depends a lot on which sound one likes or not...

Top Bottom