What's new

Sonuscore's "The Orchestra Complete" and new "Strings of Winter" library

For those who already purchased this...

I just bought the Upgrade version and looking at this screenshot of their video walkthough was sort of under the impression we get both libraries with the upgrade.

But we just get Complete which covers Strings of Winter as part of it..is that right? I was thinking both library tabs would show up in Kontakt...
No complaints I'm cool with one big library. just checking if I was overlooking something as I haven't had a chance to dig in yet. Orchestra Complete.JPG

For those who already purchased this...

I just bought the Upgrade version and looking at this screenshot of their video walkthough was sort of under the impression we get both libraries with the upgrade.

But we just get Complete which covers Strings of Winter as part of it..is that right? I was thinking both library tabs would show up in Kontakt...
No complaints I'm cool with one big library. just checking if I was overlooking something as I haven't had a chance to dig in yet. Orchestra Complete.JPG
Yes, The Orchestra Complete includes everything that is in The Orchestra and Strings of Winter. But you don't get Strings of Winter as a separate library.

Yes, The Orchestra Complete includes everything that is in The Orchestra and Strings of Winter. But you don't get Strings of Winter as a separate library.

I’m glad it’s that way actually. I have too many tabs to add extra. I’m just gonna consolidate them all into the complete set (if anything is missing) and hide the old one.

One thing I noticed is that the Complete edition (which I have) is missing the "all articulations" patch that the Winter edition has. For example the violins individual articulations are all there but the "extended articulations" patch has the two trills articulations missing.

One thing I noticed is that the Complete edition (which I have) is missing the "all articulations" patch that the Winter edition has. For example the violins individual articulations are all there but the "extended articulations" patch has the two trills articulations missing.
For TOC the Trills are with the core articulations patch. Having 16 articulations in the string sections of The Orchestra Complete it made more sense to split them 8+8.
And I think the trills belong more to the traditional side than the extended side compared to the other articulations.
So this is the layout of the keyswitch-patches:

Core articulations: Staccato, Sustain, Marcato, Legato, Tremolo, Pizzicato, Trills HT, Trills GT

Extended articulations: Sul Pont Sustain, Sul Pont Tremolo, Sul Pont Spiccato, Harmonic Sustain, Harmonic Tremolo, Harmonic Marcato, Col Legno, Bartók Pizzicato

Hey Sonuscore, will you be releasing a walkthrough for the Strings of Winter library?

For everyone else, would you say this library offers anything new from Spitfire Audio's Tundra and Hans Zimmer Strings?

Hey Sonuscore, will you be releasing a walkthrough for the Strings of Winter library?

For everyone else, would you say this library offers anything new from Spitfire Audio's Tundra and Hans Zimmer Strings?

For me yes. I own them all and i see pro and contra for all. But of course Tundra and especially HZ Strings are much bigger beasts in terms of dynamics, mic positions etc. But i still would prefer The Orchestra for certain things. I mostly turn all intern reverb off and The Orchestra has a nice raw sound to me and is light on cpu and RAM as well. For rhythmic parts it is of course much better (at least for me).
But i have yet to try to export the midi and use maybe Tundra and HZ Strings to see how different (or similar) it sound.
At the end they all have a certain sound and i find they work great together.
Indeed i find the combination of these 3 excellent for that icy, scratchy and sinister sound.
So the short answer for me is yes. :)
A bit off topic - Funny is that i find the simple legato from The Orchestra (but there are sadly no legato for the Winter Strings) sometimes works better for me as the HZ-Strings legato which has often nasty jumps, especially when i blend dynamics.

And, still no walkthrough. Are we supposed to blindly purchase this release based on assumption? Pretty unprofessional.

Is it that vastly different from its predecessor in function?

Since they seemed to have included the walkthrough from the original orchestra, and list the extra articulations thrown in with a “what’s new” section that mostly says new sounds and midi export...it sounds like it’s just the old engine plus new sounds. I’ve not gone so deep into working on it yet, but I didn’t get the feeling that it does anything different in function. Just that it does more of the same, but better.

Last edited:

Since they seemed to have included the walkthrough from the original orchestra, and list the extra articulations thrown in with a “what’s new” section that mostly says new sounds and midi export...it sounds like it’s just the old engine plus new sounds. I’ve not gone so deep into working on it yet, but I didn’t get the feeling that it does anything different in function. Just that’s it does more of the same, but better.
yes thats it same as old with added midi , plus new samples

Midi-Export, finally it is there, really great news! For me, this was the one thing that I was missing for my composing process!

And the new sounds are fantastic, I love this Strings of Winter style with rough and specific string sounds, especially the mongolian Morin Khur sounds like an ancient string ensemble. Very useful for medieval or barbaric tracks! Very satisfied!

Has anyone else experienced any problems with the Upgrade from The Orchestra v1.1 to The Orchestra Complete v1.0.1? I bought the upgrade and my serial code isn't working - says it can't find the base product (even though I already have The Orchestra registered under my Native Access)?

Has anyone else experienced any problems with the Upgrade from The Orchestra v1.1 to The Orchestra Complete v1.0.1? I bought the upgrade and my serial code isn't working - says it can't find the base product (even though I already have The Orchestra registered under my Native Access)?
The update seemed to go ok for me, but then I discovered Kontakt would crash when I tried to do a batch resave on The Orchestra Complete. So I redownloaded and reinstalled the entire library. This unfortunately did not stop the crashing problem, but reinstalling might remedy your issue.

The Orchestra Complete installs as a totally separate library. The registration code you received after the purchase is the one to register your product in your Best Service account. After that you'll see the Native-Access code as well as the download links under "My Products".

The update seemed to go ok for me, but then I discovered Kontakt would crash when I tried to do a batch resave on The Orchestra Complete. So I redownloaded and reinstalled the entire library. This unfortunately did not stop the crashing problem, but reinstalling might remedy your issue.
It's already reported to Native. It works fine on Kontakt 6.0.4, but crashes in later versions. Hopefully it can be fixed with the next Kontakt update.

Since they seemed to have included the walkthrough from the original orchestra, and list the extra articulations thrown in with a “what’s new” section that mostly says new sounds and midi export...it sounds like it’s just the old engine plus new sounds. I’ve not gone so deep into working on it yet, but I didn’t get the feeling that it does anything different in function. Just that it does more of the same, but better.

More than most companies I know, Sonuscore listens carefully to their customers and keeps updating and improving The Orchestra. If you watch the first YouTube reviews that went out when the library went up, there are very few issues that haven't been addressed. First in the free 1.1 update of The Orchestra:

and some more in The Orchestra Complete

How many libraries have you purchased that do this? In my experience, very few. I believe The Orchestra Complete will keep growing and the price is probably always going to be $399 for new purchasers. I'm comfortable paying for the future upgrades, because I enjoy using it today.

I have no idea what Sonuscore has planned for the future, but it seems logical that there will be new libraries devoted to brass and woodwinds, available for purchase separately or as part of an expanded version of The Orchestra Complete. However, the addition of The Mongolian State Morin Khuur Ensemble suggests that there's no way to predict what will come. So far they are taking what I would call an Albion approach--Strings of Winter is kind of their Tundra, and the unexpected combination of Morin Khuur with traditional orchestral seems classic Spitfire to me. Think Albion 2.

Based on the past, whatever Sonuscore does in the future will depend in large part on what its users want the most. If you have ideas for how you'd like to see The Orchestra go in the future, I would recommend you write your ideas in forums like this or write them directly HERE.

Last edited:
The Orchestra Complete installs as a totally separate library. The registration code you received after the purchase is the one to register your product in your Best Service account. After that you'll see the Native-Access code as well as the download links under "My Products".

Thanks for your response Simon. Yes, I've already registered the code on the Best Service site - which gave me the download links. I tried re-registering on Best Service - just to make sure - but it tells me I've already registered the code. The code clearly looks like a Kontakt Library activation code (5x5 characters). Native Active is complaining that the "Base Product" isn't registered. It is, my original "The Orchestra" code matches on both "Best Service/My Products" and "Native Access" - and it's been registered successfully. I'm not sure what else to try - but it's a bit frustrating as I was hoping to use this on a project. Do you have any other ideas/advice?

Thanks for your response Simon. Yes, I've already registered the code on the Best Service site - which gave me the download links. I tried re-registering on Best Service - just to make sure - but it tells me I've already registered the code. The code clearly looks like a Kontakt Library activation code (5x5 characters). Native Active is complaining that the "Base Product" isn't registered. It is, my original "The Orchestra" code matches on both "Best Service/My Products" and "Native Access" - and it's been registered successfully. I'm not sure what else to try - but it's a bit frustrating as I was hoping to use this on a project. Do you have any other ideas/advice?
If you haven't already, definitely reach out to Best Service customer support. They have been helpful for me in the past and I imagine they can help resolve this issue for you. Hopefully they can help you asap so you can use it on your project.

Could it be, that you haven't yet installed Kontakt 6/free Kontakt 6 Player? The Orchestra Complete is a Kontakt 6 Library, if you haven't installed it, that might be the missing "base product". Just a quick guess...

Top Bottom