What's new

Sonuscore's "The Orchestra Complete" and new "Strings of Winter" library

I'm very happy with this. I really didn't think midi export would get done, but here it is. Downloading now and thrilled I did buy The Orchestra when it was half price because I'd have been kicking myself now if I hadn't. Happy day for me! :)

I'm impressed by the upgrade so far. It's really a lot of new content and it has the feature I've been most wanting: MIDI export. Even just as a fancy arpeggiator, TOC is pretty dang cool.

It looks like the Complete version downloads the whole files again, is that correct? Do you delete the old version?

It looks like the Complete version downloads the whole files again, is that correct? Do you delete the old version?
Yep, I just downloaded the whole thing and registered it in NI. As VIs go, the download was pretty slim. Everything is working beautifully and loving the new features.

Been playing with it for 30 minutes. The midi export is brilliant - just what I hoped for. Just play the chords/notes in with the DAW running and then drag the export box into your lanes and you get a track for each track in the engine you we're using. You can then do whatever you want to the data in the midi editor so it's easy to add a bit of variety to the arp patterns. And of course you can use another sample library. I just changed a few of the notes and used Albion Tundra Brushed Pizzicato and it sounded great! This has opened a whole new world of use for me.

Instant buy! Midi export, an awesome sounding string expansion, total integration of both products, loads of new arps... for $119! Thank you, Sonuscore! Pretty amazing upgrade!
Is there a vid on the 'string expansion' - while the midi export looks interesting not sure I'd really use it a lot. BUT if there were a LOT more options on string arts... :)

Ok - just noticed the strgs expansion INCLUDED in update. Very fair at $119 - for the lot.

It's wonderful that they added MIDI out, but I wish the inclusion of the extra strings was optional at a lower upgrade cost. With MIDI out you can use any string library you want and I already have too many string libraries. Bottom line, two thumbs up to Sonuscore for adding MIDI out, I'm still going to upgrade, but will wait.

For those of you who have installed the upgrade, is this a free standing install or do you need to install the upgrade into the existing "The Orchestra" folder. I don't see any specific install directions.
Thanks

Top Bottom