What's new

Sonuscore's "The Orchestra Complete" and new "Strings of Winter" library

Could it be, that you haven't yet installed Kontakt 6/free Kontakt 6 Player? The Orchestra Complete is a Kontakt 6 Library, if you haven't installed it, that might be the missing "base product". Just a quick guess...
That was the fix for me when the same thing happened. I wasn't aware it was a K6 library at first.

More than most companies I know, Sonuscore listens carefully to their customers and keeps updating and improving The Orchestra.

Based on the past, whatever Sonuscore does in the future will depend in large part on what its users want the most. If you have ideas for how you'd like to see The Orchestra go in the future, I would recommend you write your ideas in forums like this or write them directly HERE.

You are completely right. We are absolutely reading all comments and paying attention to what people would like to see in future products. Some of our features are direct responses to customer requests. So keep your ideas coming :)

Thanks for your helpful suggestions everyone, Best Service has now sorted me out now (great service btw - thanks!). I have multiple machines and apparently I registered my original version of The Orchestra with an older email account - all sorted now! Early days, but really liking it so far - I think I'll be getting quite a bit of use out of this (and having the option to drag and drop midi is great!)

More than most companies I know, Sonuscore listens carefully to their customers and keeps updating and improving The Orchestra.

I think the complete update was a big leap. Alone for the winter strings and the midi export it was worth the money. I like to use the Spiccato articulation of the strings, it is pretty rough and brings a lot of pressure.

And to mention it, i can activate e.g. sustain and staccato simultaneously via keyswitch. Not many tools can do that.

Some of the legato patches are also very useful and I like to use the brass section for layering. Percussion is useful, the woodwinds not so much. The woodwinds and partly the noise flag of some sounds are my points of criticism.

I don't use the internal reverb either, it destroys the sound more than it helps. But these are all points that I can live with with such a tool, because it is not intended as a standalone or the perfect orchestral solution.

My wishes for the engine are self-made variations of ensemble rhythms or animations in a patch and keyswitches to switch these while playing. This would make the workflow and usage a lot more flexible - see Action Strings.

Sonuscore is also a manufacturer that responds quickly to mails and I found the conversation very pleasant.

I think TOC is a real enrichment for idea finding and some of the sounds are unique. And on the Macbook for on the go my perfect companion.

My first test after purchasing TO (without winter strings).

Includes Stripes movie theme ... i like the brass.

Last edited:
I too love the Complete update!
One small suggestion, when doing a MIDI export, the individual parts are all named ""TO_MIDI_EXPORT".
Would it be possible to label them with the instrument names instead, eg:

Violin 1 Staccato
Violin 2 Staccato
etc.

I use REAPER as my DAW of choice, so I don't kow if it's REAPER doing the renaming.

I too love the Complete update!
One small suggestion, when doing a MIDI export, the individual parts are all named ""TO_MIDI_EXPORT".
Would it be possible to label them with the instrument names instead, eg:

Violin 1 Staccato
Violin 2 Staccato
etc.

I use REAPER as my DAW of choice, so I don't kow if it's REAPER doing the renaming.

Good suggestion, this would indeed be nice! I love the Midi Export, by the way - I often use the presets with string ensemble basic rhythms and layer the slots with Afflatus Strings afterwards, it is so quick and easy and makes my strings epic and biting!:)

The one real drawback to the engine is that there is no easy way to export its midi if you want to layer or replace with a different library.

Kontakt has a “send midi to outside world” setting in the options. I’ve used it with other libraries like Soniccouture’s Euclidean sequencers to drive other samplers. Does that not work with the Orchestra?

Edit: oops, looks like I’m responding to old messages and there is now a way to export midi. Still curious if it can work in real time though.

Biggest issue I have with the Stings of Winter which I purchased standalone before I consider The Orchestra is that my sustain pedal acts in the opposite; meaning that depressing the sustain pedal stops the notes from sounding. Vienna Instruments, East West, Kontak, Ivory Pianos etc. work as expected with the sustain pedal but not SOW. The support person was not helpful. Maybe with a product such as this the sustain pedal is less frequently used. However, there are presets that don't use the arpeggiator and I would play them live using the pedal. My other concern (and the support person did not agree) is that some of the samples have noticeable noise that accompanies them. The support person insisted that this was the bow on, specifically, the harmonics samples. This may be the case but there are straight forward sustained non-harmonic samples that appear also carry this noise. I am now a bit leary of pulling the trigger on the more expensive The Orchestra.

Biggest issue I have with the Stings of Winter which I purchased standalone before I consider The Orchestra is that my sustain pedal acts in the opposite; meaning that depressing the sustain pedal stops the notes from sounding. Vienna Instruments, East West, Kontak, Ivory Pianos etc. work as expected with the sustain pedal but not SOW. The support person was not helpful. Maybe with a product such as this the sustain pedal is less frequently used. However, there are presets that don't use the arpeggiator and I would play them live using the pedal. My other concern (and the support person did not agree) is that some of the samples have noticeable noise that accompanies them. The support person insisted that this was the bow on, specifically, the harmonics samples. This may be the case but there are straight forward sustained non-harmonic samples that appear also carry this noise. I am now a bit leary of pulling the trigger on the more expensive The Orchestra.
As "straight forward sustained non-harmonic samples" might be misleading I feel obligated to add that these articulations were sul ponticello and the sustains of the Morin Khuur Ensemble. Not normal sustain samples of strings.

Last edited:
True, although what I find to be the real drawback of TO is that sustain pedals apparently don’t work with it. It’s a lot harder to use it for a background live with another keyboard or guitar if you need to keep a chord held. ;)
I found the same sustain pedal issue with The Strings of Winter which I recently purchased separately to see if I like that type of virtual instrument architecture. The pedal works with every other library I have.

I found the same sustain pedal issue with The Strings of Winter which I recently purchased separately to see if I like that type of virtual instrument architecture. The pedal works with every other library I have.
Back then in May dsblais meant that there is no sustain pedal feature at all in TO, which was true at the time. These kind of posts were actually the reason we decided to include this feature in our newer installments The Orchestra Complete and Strings of Winter. Apparently there are specific sustain pedals that work the other way round and forward the opposite signals to our engine. As already explained, we are currently rewriting the behavior of the pedal and hopefully we'll be able to adapt that feature to those pedals as well. Sorry if that isn't helpful right now, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Top Bottom