What's new

Sonuscore Releases Lyrical Cello Phrases

SONUSCORE

Innovative Sampling
Sonuscore proudly presents their newest product:

Lyrical Cello Phrases

If you've ever wanted to utilize the massive emotional force a cello contains, LYRICAL CELLO PHRASES is the right heavy-hitter for you. What would your compositions be like, what would it feel like if you could have a world-class cellist with you, live whenever and wherever you were making music? Experience this feeling with LYRICAL CELLO PHRASES and give yourself the gift of a great tool to take your workflow, your productivity and creativity to the very next level.

Hurry up to get the lower introductory price here!

PHRASE INSTRUMENT

The themes were all played by our cellist of choice Mátyás Ölveti (recorded for “The Elder Scrolls Online”, …) whose improvisatorial talent brought out the strengths of the cello full throttle. With over 70 freely combinable phrases spread over 10 themes throughout all keys as well as 2 additional bonus themes this library is a tool that empowers every creative composer to get the project off of the ground with an impact.

LEGATO INSTRUMENT

Besides the selection of these hand-crafted themes the Lyrical Cello Phrases includes a legato instrument so you can play the melodies that come to you freely with two different note-lengths to chose from.

Take a look at our tutorial to get a glimpse at the possibilities of LYRICAL CELLO PHRASES:

Demo Songs:

Snippets:

[Note: This product requires a FULL version of Native Instruments' KONTAKT 5. The free Kontakt player is not sufficient]

Last edited:

kurtvanzo

Capt. Zorro
I like Sonuscore, but really need a better walkthrough of this instrument. Tutorial just plays through a few phrases with no explination, it's really a demo not a tutorial. And where is the legato instrument with two different length transitions? How is it set up and what options are there? I would need to hear how that sounds and how it works before getting this.

OP
SONUSCORE

SONUSCORE

Innovative Sampling
I like Sonuscore, but really need a better walkthrough of this instrument. Tutorial just plays through a few phrases with no explination, it's really a demo not a tutorial. And where is the legato instrument with two different length transitions? How is it set up and what options are there? I would need to hear how that sounds and how it works before getting this.
Hi @kurtvanzo,

we updated the announcement to include a list of demo songs and raw sound snippets from 'Lyrical Cello Phrases'. Thanks for your suggestions, we will publish more information as soon as possible.

OP
SONUSCORE

SONUSCORE

Innovative Sampling
Hi,

here are two audio examples of our legato instrument and its two different legato types:

Short Legato Example:

Long Legato Example:

procreative

Is it possible to switch between "themes" via keyswitch? Seems to me being limited to just the phrases in a theme could mean less originality. Having watched the tutorial and read the manual, it does not seem to be possible.

procreative

Also how does the phrase key work? Are they chromatically sampled or are the other keys pitched from one phrase?

procreative

Kontakt 5.6 or higher, still not updated due to comments elsewhere about this update... and the lack of answers to my questions almost answers them for me.

Have other solo phrase libraries and find them tricky to fit in. They need to almost be written around.

OP
SONUSCORE

SONUSCORE

Innovative Sampling
Is it possible to switch between "themes" via keyswitch? Seems to me being limited to just the phrases in a theme could mean less originality. Having watched the tutorial and read the manual, it does not seem to be possible.
Hi @procreative,

thank you for your feedback. We opted for an instrument with a low memory footprint and it would be necessary to load all phrases into memory to make it possible to change themes via KS. You can combine phrases from different themes if you use multiple instances of the instrument at the same time.

Also how does the phrase key work? Are they chromatically sampled or are the other keys pitched from one phrase?
The phrases were recorded in four keys. So there is no loss of quality.

Feel free to contact us if any other questions come up. Have a great weekend.

Cheers,
Sonuscore

Last edited:
OP
SONUSCORE

SONUSCORE

Innovative Sampling
I am working with Kontakt 5.5. Is this instrument only working in Kontakt 5.6 ?
Hi lucky909091, thanks for asking.
Lyrical Cello Phrases is built for Kontakt 5.6. However some people managed to get it working (only on Windows) with a little workaround. Click here to learn more.

All the best,
SONUSCORE

Top Bottom