1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonokinetic releases "Largo" with time limited introductory price !!

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by Sonokinetic BV, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Sonokinetic BV

Sonokinetic BV Boutique Sampling

Jul 29, 2013
    Sonokinetic is proud to release "Largo"

Ever since we started our phrase-based sampling odyssey there’s been something we’ve longed to capture:
    The slow and stately sound of strings melodies, woodwind chord ensembles and smooth brass lines have been
    on our wish-list for years. Now, we present “Largo”, where we have finally created a set of performances that
    typify the kind of scoring of classic film scores and historical features. The emphasis here is on strong thematic
    writing with smooth, yet dramatic transitions between the notes.

In musical terminology, “Largo” literally means slow and we took this at face value, asking our orchestra to
    perform at a stately 75 BPM. That doesn’t mean that you can only use these phrases for sombre pieces as the
    engine adapts the phrase playback to any speed of project. With Largo we always kept versatility in mind. This
    means legato, portamento, staccato and staccatissimo styles have been captured, as well as harmonics,
    glissandi and many other techniques which are impossible to reproduce realistically with traditional multisampled
    orchestral libraries. Largo covers many bases with pristinely captured performances available in all
    root keys.

More than ever, the “Harmonic Shift” functionality of the interface comes into its own. As Largo contains so
    much strong thematic material, it’s really inspiring to utilize the Harmonic Shift capabilities to create unexpected
    melodies and harmonies.

Of course all of the stuff you would expect in a Sonokinetic phrase-based instrument is there, so if you've used
    any of our instruments before you will be able to put Largo to work right away without any trouble. Within
    minutes you'll be adding themes and melodies to your palette.

Using our midi drag and drop functionality to double the orchestral phrases with your own instruments has
    never been easier. The full score is also available within the interface so you can peek under the hood and see
    how the phrases have been composed and this also makes Largo a valuable learning tool.

Largo is available for the free Kontakt Player version 5.7.1 and above and is also NKS compatible.

Walkthrough

Demos

Largo is available at the introductory price of €199,90 until 3rd July after which the price will be €249,90. More videos and details can be found at https://www.sonokinetic.net/products/instruments/largo/?ref=vic

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018 at 7:02 AM
  2. muk

muk Senior Member

Jan 21, 2009
    As always your libraries have a gorgeous sound.

3. korruptkey

korruptkey Active Member

Jul 28, 2017
    This sounds like a successor to Da Capo.

[Edit] Maybe not, maybe just a slower version of phrased libs.

4. rottoy

rottoy Gentleman Scholar

May 12, 2013
    I know it probably won't be, but PLEASE BE THIS!

5. chapbot

chapbot omnivore

Feb 7, 2017
    Excited!! Love Da Capo!

6. JonSolo

JonSolo Not Han's Brother

I have no clue what this is, but it will be another smash for Sonokinetic. They have yet to go wrong! One of my fav devs for sure.

7. procreative

procreative Senior Member

Mar 12, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Well a comment on their facebook page says yes when asked if it will have dragable midi, so its another phrase library I would think.

8. String-for-sale

String-for-sale To the highest bidder

Oct 18, 2017
    Worth a look when more details are available.

9. OP
    OP
    Sonokinetic BV

Jul 29, 2013
    Hey guys - yes this is an Orchestral Phrase Based library in the line of Maximo and Sotto - actually I think it will lie somewhere in between the two, but with the emphasis on dramatic melodic content in a slow tempo (this is all recorded in 75 BPM). There are some great sweeping dynamic performances in this product, and we have recorded more separate minor versions than for any other product in the line, making it very rich harmonically. We have been getting great feedback from the beta team on the product and have already received the encoded version back from NI. Now it's just making the tutorial videos (go Reub:) - packing and uploading for download distribution and getting the store ready for release. We are fairly confident that we can release on Tuesday and get this out there! We won't tease you anymore and the next thing you hear from us is either a 'we are live' or a 'we are sorry and it'll take a bit longer' but I'm thinking the former!

Francis Bourre, AR, chapbot and 4 others like this.
  10. zimm83

zimm83 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2017
    France

Great. Still 3 fingers chords or now it' s free per note ???

11. desert

desert Just here so I don't get fined

Jul 31, 2016
    Australia
    Well that’s awesome!

12. OP
    OP
    Sonokinetic BV

Jul 29, 2013
    the way these instruments work they still need chord input - especially if it is melodic content, it is hard to split that out in single note stuff, because which one would you pick?
    I guess the real answer here is that the reason these instruments sound as good as they do is because they don't construct the phrases - the phrases are as recorded in the hall by the orchestra. There are always some concessions, for instance that we do break up the low - mid and high parts of phrases and get down to quite barebones phrases in general, but going more molecular with these instruments would defeat their purpose in our opinion - there are many products on the market that do that already.
    We have obviously been working with breaking it up more with our Ostinato series, and we might even go a step further in the future - actually we are doing multisampling too and the Strings are next - but for this line of products we feel that they are pretty much striking the right balance between realism and playability as they are right now - so three notes it is:)

Francis Bourre and AR like this.
  13. zimm83

zimm83 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2017
    France
    Ok thanks a lot for the answer. Very clear .

14. OP
    OP
    Sonokinetic BV

Jul 29, 2013
    Sonokinetic is proud to release "Largo"

Ever since we started our phrase-based sampling odyssey there’s been something we’ve longed to capture:
    The slow and stately sound of strings melodies, woodwind chord ensembles and smooth brass lines have been
    on our wish-list for years. Now, we present “Largo”, where we have finally created a set of performances that
    typify the kind of scoring of classic film scores and historical features. The emphasis here is on strong thematic
    writing with smooth, yet dramatic transitions between the notes.

In musical terminology, “Largo” literally means slow and we took this at face value, asking our orchestra to
    perform at a stately 75 BPM. That doesn’t mean that you can only use these phrases for sombre pieces as the
    engine adapts the phrase playback to any speed of project. With Largo we always kept versatility in mind. This
    means legato, portamento, staccato and staccatissimo styles have been captured, as well as harmonics,
    glissandi and many other techniques which are impossible to reproduce realistically with traditional multisampled
    orchestral libraries. Largo covers many bases with pristinely captured performances available in all
    root keys.

More than ever, the “Harmonic Shift” functionality of the interface comes into its own. As Largo contains so
    much strong thematic material, it’s really inspiring to utilize the Harmonic Shift capabilities to create unexpected
    melodies and harmonies.

Of course all of the stuff you would expect in a Sonokinetic phrase-based instrument is there, so if you've used
    any of our instruments before you will be able to put Largo to work right away without any trouble. Within
    minutes you'll be adding themes and melodies to your palette.

Using our midi drag and drop functionality to double the orchestral phrases with your own instruments has
    never been easier. The full score is also available within the interface so you can peek under the hood and see
    how the phrases have been composed and this also makes Largo a valuable learning tool.

Largo is available for the free Kontakt Player version 5.7.1 and above and is also NKS compatible.

Walkthrough

Demos

Largo is available at the introductory price of €199,90 until 3rd July after which the price will be €249,90. More videos and details can be found at https://www.sonokinetic.net/products/instruments/largo/?ref=vic

wbacer, ptram, gpax and 5 others like this.
  15. OP
    OP
    Sonokinetic BV

Jul 29, 2013
  16. JonSolo

17. reutunes

reutunes Senior Member

May 1, 2012
    Had an absolute blast working on the demo / walkthrough videos for Largo. This thing is just so fun to play with that my "playthrough" video is twice the length I normally do. I just couldn't bear to edit out any more so it's 13 minutes long. Sorry folks, but I couldn't resist.

lucky909091 and Sibelius19 like this.
  18. lucianogiacomozzi

lucianogiacomozzi Senior Member

May 26, 2013
    London
    See, I wish I had one of these newer libraries instead of Vivace. Not slating Vivace for its sound, because it's great at some stuff but these are more adaptable and playable.

19. procreative

procreative Senior Member

Mar 12, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I have them all, wish they would rework Vivace as it has some mindblowingly good orchestration in it and wish I could fully separate them out.

N.Caffrey and lucianogiacomozzi like this.
  20. JonSolo

This for sure!

I am just hoping to get paid so I can get this before the sale ends. Everything these guys do is just brilliant and inspiring.