What's new

Sonokinetic Releases Indie

OP
Sonokinetic BV

Sonokinetic BV

Boutique Sampling
Yes, HardyP, this is exactly what I meant.

It can be a detail that can create a difference in certain productions and enrich them, as can be something difficult to manage. I think that in the end, everything is at the level of inspiration that the producer has using the instrument ... which is then the real utility of these libraries with pre-packaged melodies :)
Another thing is that with indie we really pushed the players to be very expressive especially in the more melodic phrases. There are many big vibrato there that fit the overall sound we were going for with indie

smallberries

member at small
Grabbed it just before the sales deadline, and spent the evening improvising over train sounds from the SoundIron Subways and Streetcars collection (also a fresh purchase, everything is currently on sale there). The default string and woodwind ostinati really agree with BART noises.

(I cannot tell if BART station arrivals were performed at 442, but my ears are not that great)

Last edited:

zikayan

Hi there,
Indie sounds great, very inspiring, do you know if there's any plan to have some 3/4 or odd time signatures in the future ?

reutunes

Hi there,
Indie sounds great, very inspiring, do you know if there's any plan to have some 3/4 or odd time signatures in the future ?
It's actually pretty easy to use Sonokinetic's phrase libraries in time signatures other than 4/4. I did the Sotto demo in 7/8 even though the phrases were originally composed in 4/4.

Pietro

Actually, if you listen to my demo (the score for the cinematic promo video), it's mostly in 3/4.

Many phrases in most of our recent libraries are made the way that they work in both 4/4 and 3/4. Different time signatures too, with a bit of more work or a trick or two.

- Piotr

styledelk

Actually, if you listen to my demo (the score for the cinematic promo video), it's mostly in 3/4.

Many phrases in most of our recent libraries are made the way that they work in both 4/4 and 3/4. Different time signatures too, with a bit of more work or a trick or two.

- Piotr
Can we talk about those tricks?

Pietro

The easiest one is retriggering the phrase or changing the chord (would need bar sync and phrase follow turned off).

Then, for some phrases, that for example are a sustained notes arc, that goes cresc-dim every bar, you can also change Kontakt tempo. If your tempo is 120bpm, setting tempo in Kontakt to 80bpm will make the 2 bar 4/4 sequence fit 4 bars of 3/4. Sequences that previously had 16ths in them, with this trick will now play as triplets.

It's not all ideal, but useful if you really want to dig into it.

- Piotr

Top Bottom