What's new

Sonokinetic 12 DOC Day 2

Sopranos

Modal Runs for free... except it barely ran for 30 mins from when the email blast went out. In addition, there were 8 units left when I put it in my cart and tried to checkout lickedy split and no luck.... cart said empty. Went back to the product page to see what happened and now it's a charge. Really should've been more units available if it's even worth making an announcement for it. 30 minutes?!

Lame.

Yep, same here. I get the idea that we shouldn't assume to get free stuff for granted, but I admit it's a bit dissappointing to check the link 45 minutes after it was sent only to see everything is gone already.

They’ve done this free giveaway for the last 3 years so people are ready. The number is usually 2000 if I remember correctly. Then there is a heavy discount of 33% off a inexpensive cool product for anyone else for the remainder of the day. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Have almost all Sonokinetic, but not Modal Runs. How usable ? Have some Loyalty Points which make it interesting.

How usable ?
Based only on watching the demo, I would say that depends on (1) whether runs of this kind figure prominently in your compositions (or you would like them to), and (2) whether you use other Sonokinetic orchestra libraries. My guess is that this needs to blend well with other instruments in a template in order to be very useful.

Personally, I'm gradually building a Sonokinetic template so of course I jumped on it.

Demo is what got me leaning. Have most major Sono Libs except Largo & Indie, so Mod Runs should fit in well.

They’ve done this free giveaway for the last 3 years so people are ready. The number is usually 2000 if I remember correctly. Then there is a heavy discount of 33% off a inexpensive cool product for anyone else for the remainder of the day. Pretty awesome if you ask me.
I get this - that's my fuss... usually the freebie lasts at least a few hours to half a day. This year it didn't last but 30 minutes. Is that even worth announcing? To offer the same number of free units 3 years later certainly doesn't keep up with the growth of potential customers lol.

Besides, I was literally checking out with it free in my cart and it dumped out. That sucked.

Yep, I've also experienced the last three freebie-things from them and as Sopranos said, "at least a few hours to half a day" is correct. So EVEN THOUGH we're talking about free stuff given out of sheer good will, 30 minutes of time to react is rather disappointing.

giphy.gif

I get this - that's my fuss... usually the freebie lasts at least a few hours to half a day. This year it didn't last but 30 minutes. Is that even worth announcing? To offer the same number of free units 3 years later certainly doesn't keep up with the growth of potential customers lol.

Besides, I was literally checking out with it free in my cart and it dumped out. That sucked.

It can be frustrating, but it is what it is. You have to be on the ball and note when things will be available. It is like the Spitfire Tombola tickets (if you were sneaky, you could see what time they were released the year before, and they stuck to that schedule again this year..)

To be fair to sonokinetic, they have given us a definite time to visit their site each day on...

Yep, I've also experienced the last three freebie-things from them and as Sopranos said, "at least a few hours to half a day" is correct. So EVEN THOUGH we're talking about free stuff given out of sheer good will, 30 minutes of time to react is rather disappointing.
Just out of curiousity: If you were a developer, what would you do differently? :)

I'd warn people in the mail that "we're giving THIS amount of these freebies and expect them to go really fast- maybe faster than earlier. So act quick or prepare to pay!" Because in all honesty, I don't think nobody expected them to be handed away with a speed of a couple of licences per second.

They're literally giving away free stuff and also announcing the exact time beforehand. Even if the samples were available for 2 hours, they'd be criticized for not taking all time zones into account, not shipping out free SSDs for people whose drives are full, etc.

It was really fast this year. I was up and at the site just before 8 AM and refreshed the page (Sometimes insomnia comes in handy). It was there so... boom. The 1st and second year I was much later but still managed to get them, even doing the server slow downs. So I don't know if they gave the same number or if people were just ready to pounce.

It can be frustrating, but it is what it is. You have to be on the ball and note when things will be available. It is like the Spitfire Tombola tickets (if you were sneaky, you could see what time they were released the year before, and they stuck to that schedule again this year..)

To be fair to sonokinetic, they have given us a definite time to visit their site each day on...
Oh what time do they launch? I receive their daily email and they were all gone within 30 minutes.

Oh well.

Yeah, this happened to me as well.

The same thing actually happened, multiple times, in each previous year's giveaway — their servers were BOMBARDED with hopeful recipients. Still, after many hours of re-trying every once in a while, I was ultimately able to 'purchase' each of their (very generous) previous giveaways.

No such luck today, though. Ç'est la guerre-de-musicale . . . . .

I'd warn people in the mail that "we're giving THIS amount of these freebies and expect them to go really fast- maybe faster than earlier. So act quick or prepare to pay!" Because in all honesty, I don't think nobody expected them to be handed away with a speed of a couple of licences per second.
I missed the Spitfire Tombola tickets, one of them within a minute. So I get the bummed-out feelings some folks are having.

I'm personally not bothered by their approach. I got a free gift last year, and missing the boat this time will definitely have me paying more attention next year. I think that's kinda the idea: signing up for their newsletter, keeping a close eye on the website, etc. It makes sense.

I will say though that i like 8dio's approach a bit more. Leave the free gift up until the holiday is over. That gives people plenty of time to actually check out the product and download it if they want. I wonder how many people downloaded Modal Runs just because it was free with very limited quantity, and not because they were genuinely interested in the product.

i signed up and I'm not getting notifications.so I missed it ;-(

Top Bottom