What's new

Sonokinetic 12 days of Christmas - Day 12 - Largo 50% OFF!!

You have to use your own vst to render the new midi. But it does make it easy to double the patterns with your own instruments or change them if you want to take it in another direction or add harmonic complexity to the basic triadic world of the phrases Sonokinetic gives us.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

You have to use your own vst to render the new midi. But it does make it easy to double the patterns with your own instruments or change them if you want to take it in another direction or add harmonic complexity to the basic triadic world of the phrases Sonokinetic gives us.
I like the idea of Sotto for its rhythmic textures, but would really rather have something that lets me play whatever combinations and voicing I want instead of just the pre-built ones.

I guess I'd just like to the have the ability to quickly audition, combine, and randomize patterns the way some of these Sonokinetic libraries do, but in the forms of a repetitions patch. Is there something out there like that--maybe some variant of Spitfire's Evos?

I like the idea of Sotto for its rhythmic textures, but would really rather have something that lets me play whatever combinations and voicing I want instead of just the pre-built ones.

I guess I'd just like to the have the ability to quickly audition, combine, and randomize patterns the way some of these Sonokinetic libraries do, but in the forms of a repetitions patch. Is there something out there like that--maybe some variant of Spitfire's Evos?

i'm new to both Sonokinetic and the Spitfire Evos.

both are covering some vast creative territory for me.

before these beasts, i was digging around for a decent arpeggiator.

have you tried something like BlueARP? very powerful - not sure about randomization.

the UI is strident, and takes some getting used to. but i think it's great.

and FREE!

https://graywolf2004.net/wp/?page_id=35

Last edited:
Why is mine coming out to $141? Is it different to pay directly with credit card vs card through PayPal?
The amount is in Euros. If you pay through Paypal, they add an extra bit to do the conversion. My credit card doesn't charge conversion fees, so I tell Paypal to pay in Euros. It saves me a little, more on more expensive stuff.

If I'm understanding you, Sonuscore's Orchestra sort of does that kind of thing. It's based on a series of arpeggiators and is very flexible but unfortunately it doesn't output midi so you are stuck transcribing or using the samples that come with the library. It also doesn't really randomize like the Sonokinetic libraries. I find Sotto especially more flexible than you would think but the voicings, registers, and dynamics are all fixed.

wQXMfaF.gif

This comprehensive new bells collection comprises four libraries: Bowls, Carillon, Chime and Sleigh Bells 2. All recorded in our bespoke AMS studio, these varied instruments shine when played together, with a cohesive tone to create one of the most musical collections that we've ever recorded.

BOWLS: Known as the meditative musical sound of tranquility, the bowls we recorded for this instrument have a magical quality and emit pure frequencies. These quartz crystal glass bowls give off such a lush and dreamy tone that we had a hard time tearing ourselves away from the recording. We sampled 4 bowls of varying sizes from 20cm to 25cm diameter, struck with a glass mallet with a rubber finish. We also rubbed the mallet around the edge of the bowls to make them “sing” a light and airy musical note. The samples here have such a gorgeous and complex tone that the AMS microphone system we used for recording gives a completely different character for each of the different mic positions. Give them a try and see what you think of these spiritual sounds.

CARILLON: Recording these Carillon bells was a challenge, but one which we relished. These are real clock tower bells weighing up to half a ton on the biggest set, so it's a very powerful sound which we captured in great detail. Once we had managed to get these large bells into the studio (with the help of some heavy lifting equipment) we set about recording them with two different mallet types. We also captured a rubbed articulation, with a sustained rub around the outside of the bell, either the sound bow or the waist, depending on the size of the bell. Although the strong and stoic timbres here are perfect for dramatic hits, we also recorded plenty of softer strikes which can sound extremely melodic when you play at lower velocities. With the onboard options for sound shaping and reversed articulations, our Carillon ended up being far more versatile than we had ever imagined.

CHIME: Finding the right bells for Chime sent us on a magical mystery tour to source authentic antiques. We didn’t want to record factory machined bells but rather remastered hand-cast copies of original clock bells from 17th and 18th century clocks. This collection features designs from the chime bells of Dutch Amsterdam Standing clocks, French Pendules, Comtoises, Dutch Grand Father clocks, Bracket clocks, Carriage clocks and large watch bells. We just love the sound of these bell chimes and each one of them is unique. They are made from a alloy of silver and bronze and hand-tuned to retain the vintage character. The clarity of these bells surpasses those that are usually used for orchestral bell trees and we’re proud to have remade and recorded them.

SLEIGH BELLS II: There’s no instrument that evokes the magic of the holiday season like sleigh bells. Ever since Santa kitted out Rudolph and his reindeer chums with these tinkling tiny chimes, the season has never been the same. This instrument brings us right back to our childhood, waiting patiently in bed to hear the sounds of sleigh bells overhead - or maybe that’s just our imagination? We’ve sampled sleigh bells once before, but this new collection is hugely expanded, updated and completely re-recorded with new groupings of bells in all sorts of different sizes. You can play everything from 6 bells, up to 100 on a single bell tree, which is a giant sound. Within the instrument there are multiple options for playing long and short shakes, clusters and even sequencing sleigh bell patterns.

We used a brand new recording system for this collection which we have named the Aligned Microphone Setup (AMS). This consists of an array of various stereo and mono microphones providing 7 configurable microphone positions within each instrument

Overview Videos

Demos

The Bells collection is NKS ready and compatible with the free Kontakt Player version 5.8.1 or later. The bundle is currently discounted by 50% to €37.50 for the 12 days of Christmas and is available at https://www.sonokinetic.net/sale?ref=vic11

Odd that I have Carillon and it's under 200mb. Was this given away at some time or an older version? I got this in 2011. Some of my other products bough back then do not show up in my account.

thanks
but went there something wrong at Soundcloud? different named-playlists f.e. Bowls, but all have the same 20 tracks inside o_O

The strings have been recorded in Zlin, to best match the woodwinds:)

OK, good to know. Yesterday the Ostinato Strings was bought to complete the collection, and today I've bought this bundle....hmm....tomorrow will be the last one.

I didn't realise it is a set of four newly-recorded instruments, until I saw the page, wow, good job.

OK, good to know. Yesterday the Ostinato Strings was bought to complete the collection, and today I've bought this bundle....hmm....tomorrow will be the last one.

I didn't realise it is a set of four newly-recorded instruments, until I saw the page, wow, good job.
we are really proud of them - they really set a new standard for us for this type of instrument, with the added performance element and the quick keyswitching. They are a joy to work with and sound great - if I may say so myself:) just very happy with how they turned out

Top Bottom