What's new

Sonokinetic 12 days of Christmas - Day 12 - Largo 50% OFF!!

FYI, looks like they ran out of serial numbers for the Watchmaker so unfortunately you won't be able to start working with it right away, as I just found out. Still excited though!
Not sure if I'm reading this right but in my SK manager it says this is Open Kontakt format (in the space where serials are normally shown). So maybe no serial required (just full Kontakt)? I haven't tried to open mine yet though.

Oddly enough this has been on my watch list for a while. I have no idea what I'll use it for but just knew it was something I didn't have in my template and now it is. It will be fun to see how long it takes me before I actual use it. Now I can move on to that whistling elves library....

Hmmmm.

While this is probably the biggest deal of the year if not one of ‘em (hello 8DIO Lacrimosa/Cage Brass!), I’m sure I don’t need this as I already have the NI Symphony Series Woodwind Solo & Ensembles Pro & Essential versions.

However even though Symphony Series it has a lot of articulations and I love the interface I’ve always felt it’s never been a very expressive sounding library.

I will say that this super deal has made me revisit Symphony Series and I actually seem to like a lot of things that I’ve overlooked about it which I never really had much love for.

Still I think the room in Sonokinetic WW sounds a lot better to my ears and more flexible to work with as I usually have to crank up the close mics and drop the main stereo mix with Symphony Series as there’s too much room/reverb baked in and not dry enough.

I think the 2 libraries are actually quite similar to some degree but probably overlap too much...and honestly knowing my lack of discipline I probably wouldn't take the time to learn all the under hood key switching/assigning with all the other libraries I already have to spend time with.

I’m actually waiting to see if Spitfire will come to the rescue is a few days. I’ve been wanting their woodwinds more than any others for some time. They usually offer up a pretty good collection or bundle deal if we already own some other libs.
Do let me know what you decide, please. Having a rough time deciding here :)

I've actually used it on a couple of jobs. (oughta tell you how my career is
going :shocked:) Worked great, sounded great!

Sonokinetic 12 Days Of Christmas Day 8: nostalgic and one-of-a-kind “The Carnival” multisampled barrel organs €15,- at https://www.sonokinetic.net/sale?refer=vic8

The Carnival is NKS ready and compatible with the free Kontakt player version 5.7.1 or later

Last edited:

Sonokinetic 12 Days Of Christmas Day 8: nostalgic and one-of-a-kind “The Carnival” multisampled barrel organs €15,- at https://www.sonokinetic.net/sale?refer=vic8

The Carnival is NKS ready and compatible with the free Kontakt player version 5.7.1 or later

Lol I fell asleep and missed the end of the watchmaker deal. I have no need for barrel organs but can Sonokinetic roll back the watchmaker deal one day instead! (although it's extremely easy to just wind a clock / pocket watch, throw a mic on it and get an excellent recording as I've done it plenty of times, I'm just being lazy!)

Well @Zoot_Rollo, your glowing enthousiasm convinced me I should go for it.

So now I own the Woodwinds Ensembles Extended ^_^. Guess I got my dedicated woodwinds library a little earlier than planned, but for this price I can't be sad about that.

Well @Zoot_Rollo, your glowing enthousiasm convinced me I should go for it.

So now I own the Woodwinds Ensembles Extended ^_^. Guess I got my dedicated woodwinds library a little earlier than planned, but for this price I can't be sad about that.

for the record, i have VSL SE Winds 1+ & 2+, Hein Winds Complete, EWHW, Ark, etc.

so, it's not that i was lacking -

i just liked the SK sound and blending ability with my newfound fave developer's other
products.

for the record, i have VSL SE Winds 1+ & 2+, Hein Winds Complete, EWHW, Ark, etc.

so, it's not that i was lacking -

i just liked the SK sound and blending ability with my newfound fave developer's other
products.

I figured as much. I'm quite sure I didn't choose to buy it just because you liked it either ;).

But I echo the sentiment, I had no idea I'd enjoy the sound and playability of Sonokinetic products in general so much. Suddenly the free giveaway on the second day makes a ton of sense :P.

Anyway, I'd planned to go look for a dedicated WW library around the summer, maybe OT's or something similar. I'm not very fond of the NI Symphony Essentials libraries so the full versions don't really register as a valid option to me (I'll likely be upgrading Komplete in the summer as well).

But well. 100,- for something like this just can't be beat.

Not sure if I'm reading this right but in my SK manager it says this is Open Kontakt format (in the space where serials are normally shown). So maybe no serial required (just full Kontakt)? I haven't tried to open mine yet though.

Yeah I had that too but when you try and load it to play it won’t work. I checked my receipt email and the message from Sonokinetic about the serial numbers is in there.

Last edited:
These small instruments from Sonokinetic are much more precious than what their size could make one think. They are absolutely rare, and sometimes absolutely needed. There are tons of strings libraries, but how many circus organs, when you have to write the music for a movie featuring a circus?

And they are made so well, than you can stay there playing to just dream with the nostalgia flowing.

Paolo

Top Bottom