What's new

Sonokinetic 12 days of Christmas - Day 12 - Largo 50% OFF!!

I agree with this quote to a point:

Great way to piss off potential customers. Offer something free in limited quantities and then you have to fight like your at a Walmart Black Friday sale. Well, I have a job and can only check in to see these deals only once or twice a day. So I missed out and will definitely never do any business with Sonokinetic based on this kind of sales tactic!

I don't know who that quote is from, but

"Piss off potential customers" because their servers got slammed during a giveaway?
"have to fight like your at a Walmart black Friday sale"? Fight? Huh? No one even had to leave the comfort of their chair.
"limited time to check to see these deals". I wasn't a deal, it was free.
"sales tactic"? It wasn't a sale or a tactic, it was "free", it was a "giveaway" that got messed up because of massive traffic. The idea that it was a tactic implies they intentionally set the whole thing up to fail... in order to do what exactly? Entitled outrage seems to cloud rational thinking.

He'll never do any business with them ever again because their servers got slammed during a giveaway and he missed out on getting something for free. Unacceptable!

Ha!

Last edited:
I don't know who that quote is from, but

"Piss off potential customers" because their servers got slammed during a giveaway?
"have to fight like your at a Walmart black Friday sale"? Fight? Huh? No one even have to leave the comfort of their chair.
"limited time to check to see these deals". I wasn't a deal, it was free.
"sales tactic"? It wasn't a sale or a tactic, it was "free", it was a "giveaway" that got messed up because of massive traffic. The idea that it was a tactic implies they intentionally set the whole thing up to fail... in order to do what exactly? Entitled outrage seems clouds rational thinking.

He'll never do any business with them ever again because their servers got slammed during a giveaway and he missed out on getting something for free. Unacceptable!

Ha!
Free things and sales send people into irrational frenzies.

I was frustrated with the traffic too. But in the end Sonokinetic gave away like 300k euros worth of stuff, and it only took a few hours.

Is what it be.

I think I know why the servers went down....

airplane_kidding.jpg

I first noticed this sale about 1600 GMT. Based on the website count-down display, for at least 3 or more hours there were less than 1200 takers. Then WHAM! I got through fairly easily from the western US around 1900, but there were several delays of a few minutes while the site was not responsive at all and I almost missed it from time pressure. The trick is to wait each delay out, rather than piling up multiple delayed screens and having to stumble backwards.

I know this was tough for people in working situations, and I extend my sympathies to all. Too often the most deserving suffer the most.

Some day my kids will ask me, “Daddy where were you during the great Sonokinetic stampede of 2018?”

And I’ll tell them, “Kids, I was in my office crying and cursing the stars. Now join me at the table for a bowl of ostinato woodwind accompaniment.”

God bless you Sonokinetic. Me and my imaginary children thank you.

Some day my kids will ask me, “Daddy where were you during the great Sonokinetic stampede of 2018?”

And I’ll tell them, “Kids, I was in my office crying and cursing the stars. Now join me at the table for a bowl of ostinato woodwind accompaniment.”

God bless you Sonokinetic. Me and my imaginary children thank you.
Your imaginary kids will eventually pack up and leave, but Ostinato Woodwinds are forever.

And I thought, Hell, if I can’t get a free woodwind library I can at least salvage this guy’s fingers. So here I am using my fingers to control his fingers to type this message.

Have I gone mad? Some say so. It was a brutal time way back 5 hours ago.

Yes I got frustrated also, I spent 2 hours trying to get it and got all the same errors & runarounds every one else did..I finally had to leave home, and when I got back several hours later, it was still in my cart, and I manged to get a serial and download (and I'm in Canada!).
Regarding people getting pissed off, it's totally inappropriate! I bought the oboe from 8Dio, never got the "free" piano, and I have a VIP account. Them's the breaks. Tough luck , C'est la vie Better luck next time..
With all this clamor, companies might soon realize it's not worth the effort, and stop doing it altogether!
Anyhow thanks Sonokinetik.

Sonokinetic has a countdown counter on their site. Users shared a table that showed the last two years the freebie was on the second day of the sale. My user account was in good standing - I signed in yesterday to check. And right on time I bought. Before the frenzy. Sleep is not an excuse! LOL! Can you tell I've done a lot of Black Friday sales. It really is the same thing.

Okay, I probably shouldn't have mentioned about the second day. If they do something like this again (does percussion have ostinatos?) it might not be on the second day now.....

I've opened a support ticket with Sonokinetic, as the copy I tried to install with the serial number I was given wasn't approved within Native Access -- it was stated as having already been used. Has this happened to anyone else?

Top Bottom