What's new

Sonokinetic 12 days of Christmas - Day 12 - Largo 50% OFF!!

Kurosawa

Hmm...that's quite a largo discount. Is this good way to start with phrase-based libraries, or should I try something more minimal first?
I ask myself the same..
But thinking I will get Largo anyhow, why wait when this great discount is still active?

krops

Sheesh. These Sonokinetic Xmas sales are just designed to make me believe I need everything they make. And it's working.

Even before I actually read the details on the whole AMS setup, I knew I had to have anything they record with it. They could release Sonokinetic Armpit Fart Noises and I'd be all over it if it included the phrase "Recorded with our bespoke AMS system".

I don't even care about the microphone details - I'm just a sucker for a seductive acronym.

OP
Sonokinetic BV

Sonokinetic BV

Boutique Sampling
Is there a quarter/season estimate for the strings library? First I've heard of this! Thanks so much for the wonderful sales this year!
No estimate yet, but it'll have our full attention after the Christmas break:) all recordings for the project have been finished already so it's all about digital alchemy at this point. Looking forward to the process actually, it's going to be pretty special!

Virtuoso

Socially Distant Member
Yay! This completes all my Christmas wishes. Well, almost all - still haven’t heard back from Mila Kunis, but I digress. It’s going to be a very productive 2019! :dancer:

Last edited:

sostenuto

NKS Fan !
Most likely going with both Bells Collection and Largo .. like tonight.
Seem to recall a post re. 'feeling somewhat workflow constrained' _ in Largo.
Nothing highly critical, and perhaps nicely mitigated by this great holiday pricing.
Does anyone recall and have similar experience?

jbuhler

Most likely going with both Bells Collection and Largo .. like tonight.
Seem to recall a post re. 'feeling somewhat workflow constrained' _ in Largo.
Nothing highly critical, and perhaps nicely mitigated by this great holiday pricing.
Does anyone recall and have similar experience?
Yes, I find Largo often gets in the way as the phrases are more motivically defined. They sound nice though.

dzilizzi

LOL! Was wondering if it was that.

But the mic sled, how can you pass up on the mic sled????

I love the Carillon bells and the bowls, I can do without the sleigh bells. But I haven't really played with them. I also have Toll, not sure how much overlap there is.

silentunion

If I was into phrase-based libraries, I would totally pick this up. Largo seems like a really nice library. :)

Unfortunately, I just find I can't work well with premade phrases unless if it's specially sample packs (where I'll only use them to mangle them into something completely different anyway).

woodslanding

Except that 88 is weighted which I don't like as much for some instruments ( I have one ) so I just use a smaller 2nd 2 octave keyboard for the lower key switches with my 61 kk keyboard

Couldn't you get one of those little one-octave korg button keyboards just for keyswitching? I'm thinking of doing that, as I get more into writing with articulations. Of course, I don't have the fancy NI christmas lights on my keyboard.

smallberries

member at small
I just noticed that each phrase library offers a conductor's score PDF, and that these were also offered at the sale discount (well, still on sale for Largo. I am kicking myself for not picking up Noir, Cappricio, and Sotto scores when those products were on sale.)

ionian

Largo seems interesting. Strong thematic can either work for or against - it really depends how badly it paints you into a box. I'm watching vids on it and haven't made my choice.

But if I decide to get largo, I'll probably pick up Capriccio, too just to have the pair - at the sale price for both it'd be worth it but I'm not sure at full price.

Even though the sale for Capriccio is over, I noticed something about the Sonokinetic cart is that everything you add during the sale price, the cart will hold it at that price. So I have Capriccio in my cart already from the sale and I can check out with it at the sale price even though the sale ended - I almost did the other day - but I'm still undecided about Largo. I already added it to the cart so I have both in my cart at the sale prices waiting to check out.

I just never worked with phrase based libraries and I tend to write as I hear it in my head so I'm still not sure if working with phrase libraries will constrain or control me too much which is what I'm afraid of. I like when my tools work for me, not when I have to work for my tools.

Anyway, I'm still on the fence.

Thanks Sonokinetic for this great Christmas Deals 2018!

But downloading this year is a pain! It´s 24th December and I still haven´t managed to download everything, because of all buys the 24Bit-rars crash during downloading :( and due to not longer using the great "Contina"-Download-tool I have to completly restart the download!
Don´t know why "try again" or "continue" didn´t work with the "downloadsm.php" - maybe the truth is in the name "SM" it stands in adult naming for something painful ;)

Am I the only (german) guy who has that huge problems?

reutunes

Thanks Sonokinetic for this great Christmas Deals 2018!

But downloading this year is a pain! It´s 24th December and I still haven´t managed to download everything, because of all buys the 24Bit-rars crash during downloading :( and due to not longer using the great "Contina"-Download-tool I have to completly restart the download!
Don´t know why "try again" or "continue" didn´t work with the "downloadsm.php" - maybe the truth is in the name "SM" it stands in adult naming for something painful ;)

Am I the only (german) guy who has that huge problems?
Quit the downloader app completely and restart. Upon restart the software analyses the progress and should pick up from where it left off.

Top Bottom