What's new

Sonokinetic 12 days of Christmas - Day 12 - Largo 50% OFF!!

stfciu

Thanks for that, I have been unsure about it myself. I like to build everything from the ground up, as much as I can at least, but I could see a happy medium such as this being useful for quick work.

I like to prepare everything from the scratch as well but using this library got me into another perspective.

These Sonokinetic libraries feel like a room of several door. You open one and you get into another similar room with another conjuction of possibilities then another one and another. But the way how you will pass this route is your individual decision. It is in fact your own original path where you can combine all your other tools if needed for more distinctiveness but the originality is in the end in the way how you use the possibilities you encounter.

Last edited:

ionian

I can see Sonokinetic packing up the recording session for Ostinato when someone yells, "OH NO! WE FORGOT TO RECORD AN 8th and TWO 16ths! ARRRGHHH!"

They even have the blank key at the end of the patterns where it was supposed to go.

josephspirits

I like to prepare everything from the scratch as well but using this library got me into another perspective.

These Sonokinetic libraries feel like a room of several door. You open one and you get into another similar room with another conjuction of possibilities then another one and another. But the way how you will pass this route is your individual decision. It is in fact your own original path where you can combine all your other tools if needed for more distinctiveness but the originality is in the end in the way how you use the possibilities you encounter.

That's a great way of explaining things, very helpful, thank you.

Wes Antczak

I decided to go for Capriccio during the last hours of the special. I already have Largo and it does come highly recommended. If Sonokinetic does this again in 2019 (taking nothing for granted here), then I will pick of Soto and possibly Noir. That is, if I do not wind up getting them sooner should a genuine need arise.

Initially, I also had reservations about phrase-based libraries, but the way these libraries are set up, your choices truly are much more customizable than one would think. I agree with what some of the others here have said, which is that these Libraries can be inspirational and provide a useful foundation point, especially if you are on a tight schedule.

Many of the tools that we all use seem to be the same, so yeah: the ultimate deciding factor is not so much the tools but how we as composers take advantage of the tools and experiences that we have.

Last edited:

Wes Antczak

One thing that I was thinking of doing last year at this time and that I did not, is to set up a Christmas/BF fund of sorts. We'll see if things work out this year so that I can actually do so. That way I won't have to feel guilty when these kind of sales come up! :shocked:

Steve Lum

Well, I hope Capriccio is a good starter for Sono stuff. I have resisted phrase-based solutions for too long I think. Working solo all the time leaves me with intense personal focus but no fresh air, as it were. The comments here about inspiration and the season at hand got my inner Scrooge to see things differently. In fact, to quote Tim, "I'd like to stroke it". Let's hope it's a glorious goose and not a turkey.

Zoot_Rollo

Well, I hope Capriccio is a good starter for Sono stuff. I have resisted phrase-based solutions for too long I think. Working solo all the time leaves me with intense personal focus but no fresh air, as it were. The comments here about inspiration and the season at hand got my inner Scrooge to see things differently. In fact, to quote Tim, "I'd like to stroke it". Let's hope it's a glorious goose and not a turkey.

for $136.49?

please.

;)

howdy neighbor, Redmond here.

Zoot_Rollo

I really prefer Sotto. I find that Largo gets more in the way. It does sound nice though. Very much tempted by Capriccio but I'm trying to save up for something else.

i have Sotto and Capreccio and a few others - ecstatic!

i like the tempo and sound of Largo (from the demos) - i don't have a problem with its intrusiveness.

i'm saving as well... sure will be an interesting 4 days.

jbuhler

i have Sotto and Capreccio and a few others - ecstatic!

i like the tempo and sound of Largo (from the demos) - i don't have a problem with its intrusiveness.

i'm saving as well... sure will be an interesting 4 days.
I have both Sotto and Largo. I use Sotto more than Largo, though I used Largo in a track the other day, and was able to use midi drop and drag to move seamlessly from it to SCS, so I was pleased with that. Looking to pick up another one more like Sotto than Largo. Capriccio does fit the bill. Also thinking about Minimal, if that is offered on special. IIRC, Grosso and Espressivo were both offered at 50% off at Halloween, so I doubt we'll see them during this sale.

josephspirits

Watched a lot more videos and now I’m quite excited. Sad I missed Sotto, I think I wrote it off too soon.

Now does midi drag and drop mean that I could for example use some of these patterns to write something and then drag the midi out to have those patterns tweaked further midi note by midi note, or performed by a comepltely different vst?

Top Bottom