What's new

Sonokinetic 12 days of Christmas - Day 12 - Largo 50% OFF!!

whiskers

Perpetual student
giphy.gif

NathanTiemeyer

So, I've already used the woodwinds in a project. Seriously, they are a steal for 80 dollars. They sound so rich and fit nicely in a mix. I really only used the shorts and runs so far but man if you have a need for some decent woodwinds I'd definitely pull the trigger on this. Also, I am not sponsored or affiliated with sonokinetic, just a happy customer :)

whiskers

Perpetual student
Hmmmm.

While this is probably the biggest deal of the year if not one of ‘em (hello 8DIO Lacrimosa/Cage Brass!), I’m sure I don’t need this as I already have the NI Symphony Series Woodwind Solo & Ensembles Pro & Essential versions.

However even though Symphony Series it has a lot of articulations and I love the interface I’ve always felt it’s never been a very expressive sounding library.

I will say that this super deal has made me revisit Symphony Series and I actually seem to like a lot of things that I’ve overlooked about it which I never really had much love for.

Still I think the room in Sonokinetic WW sounds a lot better to my ears and more flexible to work with as I usually have to crank up the close mics and drop the main stereo mix with Symphony Series as there’s too much room/reverb baked in and not dry enough.

I think the 2 libraries are actually quite similar to some degree but probably overlap too much...and honestly knowing my lack of discipline I probably wouldn't take the time to learn all the under hood key switching/assigning with all the other libraries I already have to spend time with.

I’m actually waiting to see if Spitfire will come to the rescue is a few days. I’ve been wanting their woodwinds more than any others for some time. They usually offer up a pretty good collection or bundle deal if we already own some other libs.

@whiskers nice to see that I´m not alone with "should I buy or shouldn´t I" - looking forward to your choice as insperation :scout:

I'm probably going for it. Probably a fair bit of overlap to what I have, but it does sound better.

Crowe

Avian Member
Yes! Come over to the Dark Side....we have cookies. :sneaky: :grin:

Actually, we only have fudge left. The cookies got eaten. :sad:

Who cares, fudge is better anyway. Whoever came up with baking fudge should be ressurected and shot for the audacity.

Also, I'm kinda dreading the next sale. It's been ridiculous so far.

Edit: Wait. Is fudge the same as Cookiedough? If not, I'm in error. My point stands though.

dzilizzi

Who cares, fudge is better anyway. Whoever came up with baking fudge should be ressurected and shot for the audacity.

Also, I'm kinda dreading the next sale. It's been ridiculous so far.

Edit: Wait. Is fudge the same as Cookiedough? If not, I'm in error. My point stands though.
Wait - you're supposed to bake fudge?

Sounds like brownies. I use the microwave most of the time. Fast and still tastes good.

Crowe

Avian Member
oops.

If nothing else, it will satisfy my curiosity. I did like the runs/trills section a lot. Seemed a lot easier to do than in what I already have.

You do know what they say about curiosity and cats right?

I'll stop now. Nya.

Also, this sale is getting ridiculous. Probably buying this seeing how I was hoping for it.

But it's going to be the last one :[

Top Bottom