What's new

Sonokinetic 12 Days of Christmas - Day 12 - Capriccio 50% OFF !!

One thing I wish they'd improve with the Sonokinetic phrase libraries is that they still seem very unforgiving on lower buffer settings in Logic. For me, anything below 192 gives me snap, crackle and pops galore.

I don't think it's just me neither, as I've even read the music mags say the same thing. How does everyone get on with their buffer settings in Logic?

One suggestion is to working in a higher buffer size while your working in the phrase libs. Then once you have the track structured, freeze it (record it to an audio track), then bring down the buffer for your overdubbs (Actually it frees up a lot of CPU to allow you even lower buffer settings than normal). You can always make adjustments when you mix if needed by going back to the original midi and bring the buffer back up. Eventually you'll upgrade you're computer and the library will work without such a large buffer when your CPU can handle it. :)

One thing I wish they'd improve with the Sonokinetic phrase libraries is that they still seem very unforgiving on lower buffer settings in Logic. For me, anything below 192 gives me snap, crackle and pops galore.

I don't think it's just me neither, as I've even read the music mags say the same thing. How does everyone get on with their buffer settings in Logic?
I hesitate to insert this in the commercial thread, except to say "yes" to everything kurtvanzo just described. It's a problem with SK libraries and LPX for me, but much less so since going from my old 2008 MP to a newer iMac. I will typically get the SK phrases worked out, then freeze those tracks to keep things from spiking.

Reactions: mac
Eventually you'll upgrade you're computer and the library will work without such a large buffer when your CPU can handle it. :)

Cheers @kurtvanzo, that's how I get around it. I run a rMBP with an i7 processor, and sonokinetics libraries are the only ones that cause me buffer grief. Still, I'm willing to put up with it as they're great products. :cool:

I was really close to getting Minimal. I really liked some of the demos and also what previous owners had to say about it. But I decided to wait and hold out for Soto and Capriccio instead. I don't regret that I waited. I will probably pick it up in the future. For now, I'm being careful with my budget and also I want to try at least one of these out for myself before just diving deeper into the pool.

Maybe Capriccio will be 50% off this year. <here's hoping!>

Soto!!! My wishes come true!!! You lucked out on this one... and I'm heading to the bank NOW to replenish my ability to snag this immediately...

Capriccio, if you're lucky, might be, last day...I got it at 40% last xmas and have LOVED it! Well worth it at 40% as it's a huge library full of goodies... I'd price it at 45% if I were them... it is way deeper than minimal and if it's anywhere from 40-50%, you should try and get it! As a tool, learning experience, the midi is much busier/more elaborate than Soto and very useful for many things...

Soto at 40%, a brand new library this year, is a NO BRAINER if you wanna explore this platform and/or want something not too busy to integrate into your songwriting endevours...

If I really wanna destroy my financial posture, and be greedy (SSS, ARK2, Ostinato, Soto+others in just the last what, month & a half???) I hope it's Grosso, and NOT Capriccio that is gifted us with a super discount, on day 12! That'll make my "retirement" package pretty darn complete and I can just spend the next year creating!!!

I'd urge you to pick up Soto and muck around quick so if Capriccio comes up on the last day, you'll know if it works for you. These libraries are AWESOME sets of tools.

Cheers @kurtvanzo, that's how I get around it. I run a rMBP with an i7 processor, and sonokinetics libraries are the only ones that cause me buffer grief. Still, I'm willing to put up with it as they're great products. :cool:

OT, I know but...I'm one of the few outliers here, running Sonar Platinum on the pc...While I'd considered trying another platform you all seem to love, the bakers have done some amazing load re-balancing this year, for Win10 users, which has made cpu crunch a thing of the past for me...Even using huge Omnisphere 2 multis, which is single core, the load is totally redistributed among my 12 threads and my once frustrating crunch on core 1 (while the rest are on vacation) is gone, spread among all the others... SK issues are no longer a problem either.

I'm running a 2015 13" MBP with 128 buffer... never had an issue with Sotto. But overall CPU throttling is an issue with only 2-cores... so I use smaller arrangements.

That is a no-brainer offer for Sotto! Just the inspirational factor will pay for itself!

Thanks, Vastman! Yeah, I think I'm going to go for Soto. I like the thought of "Delicate Orchestral Sampling" especially since I opted out of getting Tundra at this time. I think having the contrast in colors/dynamics will be useful for my "template". If I get it tonight, I will do as you say, take it for a spin so that I will know if I want Capriccio should it come up in the next couple days. BTW, I'm also currently on Sonar as my main DAW, so it's good to know that Sonokinetic libraries should not be an issue. (I'm considering upgrading to Omnisphere perhaps early next year and while I still can. Longtime Atmosphere user here.)

Sotto was the other library I was definitely decided upon if it were included in this sale (Vox was the first). I'm still counting pocket change after the whole black Friday affair, though...

I thought I might hold out for Sotto (if it were to be offered) and skip Minimal, in case Sotto might double for what Minimal would offer (someone please tell me that's not true), then I ended up buying Minimal in the last hour thinking it would be a nice base... and would probably get Sotto if it came up.

Last edited:
I got Sotto, was deciding either Sotto or Minimal. Sotto is quite large library at 56.4GB or 60GB bytes in NCW compressed wav format. My Maximo folder is 51GB. Sotto has 4,989 Files in 16 Folders. You must have enough hard disk space to deRAR the library.

I am done with all the upgrades in computer memory, hard drives, SSD, high performance CPU cooler, new keyboards. Not accounting for the news libraries I brought this year. More money spend on making music instead of listening to it.
I am done shopping.

Thanks for all the great feedback! The Sotto discount offer will be open until tomorrow (23/12)
Congratulations on winning the samplecast's charitable award !I have gone from 1 humble Sonokinetic library to 4 now, i absolutely love minimal, sotto and ostinato strings, very inspiring. I wish you guys a very happy christmas and look forward to what you will come up with in the new year! Van harte bedankt!

Have to skip wonderful Sotto with a saddened heart ... Well at least I now have almost all previous 8 Christmas days products.
I will pay full price soon).

Sonno is great for what I'm doing at the moment. Got a nice, light orchestral sound and you just cannot do that with normally aspirated sample libraries. I just had a play around for 20 minutes and was not disappointed. There's some really low, Herrmannesque things going on if you want them to in this library too. Wasn't expecting that.

Anyway, I feel after the freeby Ostinato Strings, which incidentally has a really good sound to it imo, I have fulfilled my promise and bought into Sonno and Carnival and that's it for me until next year.

Probably.

WPz3HWP.jpg

12 Days Of Christmas - Day 11 - Santa’s back in town “EMP -Electro
Mechanical Piano” for FREE!! Collect your Sonokinetic Christmas gift
today or tomorrow

https://www.sonokinetic.net/sale/?ref=day11vic

yesss thank you! I was looking for something exactly like this. I've also always wanted a Sonokinetic instrument. This worked out perfectly! :2thumbs:

Fingers crossed for Maximo on day 12. Spent time time watching all the orch phrase vids last night, and seems that's far and away the best fit for me.

Top Bottom