What's new

Sonokinetic 12 Days of Christmas - Day 12 - Capriccio 50% OFF !!

Ok, Sonokinetic. After grabbing the Ostinato freebie, I am hooked...!
After dinner tonight, will be off over to grab your 'Minimal'...

I'm seriously considering it too, I like the idea of the soft more gentle instruments as you can build on them...well thats my plan anyway..

I wonder if Minimal is easier to built on and to integrate with other nonphase libraries than Sotto. Does anyone have more comments on this?

I'm seriously considering it too, I like the idea of the soft more gentle instruments as you can build on them...well thats my plan anyway..

Yes, similar thoughts here.
As a bonus, the Harmonic shift function looks really useful.
It opens up a load of possibilities regarding using phrase based software.

I wonder if Minimal is easier to built on and to integrate with other nonphase libraries than Sotto. Does anyone have more comments on this?
I would say yes, as it IS minimalistic...simpler phrases and with the updated 2.0 GUI it is just as powerful... Fewer phrases, but 1/3rd the cost... A great starting point for the whole SK phrase experience. Soto does seem to be less busy than the other libraries but ultimately it's up to you to find what fits...

Then again, I only have Minimal, Capriccio, and Maximo; I DO want Soto... Picked up the first two last Xmas sale...and Maximo because I didn't want to wait for it to be included some day in the future... No assurances Soto will be on this sale (I can hope!) and it will be more expensive...

You should be able to sort that out in your own, listening/watching all the vids and "naked" songs... however, the songs are overdone, imo, and I use the phrases much more sparingly than the demos, with other libraries...

With the updated GUI, I think Minimal is a great deal...Heck, I bought it before 2.0! It's a fully functional library with more elaborate phrases, and used the same GUI as all their recent libraries which is great... it offers a very different, in many ways more powerful, phrase experience than Ostinato...(which I also love and ended up buying!)

Last edited:
Downloading now! It's going to take 5 or more hours on my Aussie third-world ADSL "broadband", so i can have a play this afternoon! Thank you guys at Sonokinetic, it has been a great 12 days of Xmas so far!

I think Minimal and Sotto are probably the best entry points when buying these phrase libraries.

I have Minimal but not Sotto. From what I've read, Sotto is similar to Minimal in that they are calmer libraries, and so both would be easy enough to integrate.

Minimal is the most generic of them and so probably the most usable for many styles as they are rhythmic mainly and work well as an underscore.

However its organised differently in that it has the 4 instrument sections in each tab (though they can be swapped for the any). I actually like this as you get an instant combination from one patch.

Obviously the later titles are more refined, but the patterns in this are great because they are... minimal.

I'm tempted by Minimal but I'm holding out for Sotto. Sotto seems to nail that delicate sound that would fit in well with that I do. I wasn't going to buy any more libraries for a while but I have to give a little back after Santa Kinetic's generosity with Ostinato (which I'm finding to be utterly brilliant and joy to play with).

Yep you had to choose what works for the kind of music that you are interested in doing.

Last edited:
I'm tempted by Minimal but I'm holding out for Sotto. Sotto seems to nail that delicate sound that would fit in well with that I do.
My thoughts exactly. If I'm right Sotto was not in last year's sale. So I really hope it is this year ...

cr8dPUE.jpg

Sonokinetic 12 Days Of Christmas - Day 9 - Sultan Drums for only €25 !!

Normally €99.90 reduced to an amazing €25. Includes 2 Kontakt instruments containing multi samples and loops.

https://www.sonokinetic.net/sale/?ref=day09vi-c

40% off for one of their newest libraries! Tutti Vox was several years old! SK did the same for Capriccio, which was also a relatively new library last year. I'm sooooooooooooooo glad I grabbed Capriccio then and I am so happy to have the opportunity to grab this NOW! (Well, as soon as MA2 finishes downloading!!!)

This is the best day of xmas in MY world!

Thank you, SK... what I expected, discount wise, and what I sincerely hoped for, library wise... I know have the beauty and the beasts!

I think 40% is very nice discount! Bought Minimal in the last minute with the discount, wonder now if I should buy Sotto also... I haven't been able to try out Minimal to see if I like the workflow of these phrase libraries, but I hear wonderful things in Sotto which I think would add a lot to my music. Need to decide hehe!

@fiestared I wouldn't let that extra 10% put you off. I mean what's that, an extra €17? If it's worth it at 160, surely it's worth it at 180? :)

I was really close to getting Minimal. I really liked some of the demos and also what previous owners had to say about it. But I decided to wait and hold out for Soto and Capriccio instead. I don't regret that I waited. I will probably pick it up in the future. For now, I'm being careful with my budget and also I want to try at least one of these out for myself before just diving deeper into the pool.

Maybe Capriccio will be 50% off this year. <here's hoping!>

One thing I wish they'd improve with the Sonokinetic phrase libraries is that they still seem very unforgiving on lower buffer settings in Logic. For me, anything below 192 gives me snap, crackle and pops galore.

I don't think it's just me neither, as I've even read the music mags say the same thing. How does everyone get on with their buffer settings in Logic?

Top Bottom