What's new

Sonokinetic 12 Days of Christmas - Day 12 - Capriccio 50% OFF !!

N7WeWct.jpg

12 Days Of Christmas - Day 4 - Tutti at 60% off!!
https://www.sonokinetic.net/sale/?ref=day04vic

Vivace is probably the best string phrase based library I've ever heard. Lots of character and themes. My only problem with these kinds of libraries is that I have no idea how to incorporate them into my original work.

Vivace is probably the best string phrase based library I've ever heard. Lots of character and themes. My only problem with these kinds of libraries is that I have no idea how to incorporate them into my original work.

Same here regarding Sotto... but honestly, I haven't had time to devote to music/writing since I purchased it. For Sotto, I'm thinking ostinato transitions. I can hear some great examples/ideas in these two pieces:

It's VERY unfortunate that (apart from the free Ostinatos for everyone) there are NO significant offers (so far) for the really loyal Sonokinetic customers who already have most of the products!!!

Last edited:
Vivace is good and I wish it had a MIDI drop function but does have a notation view to express ideas into the other libraries. I am debating if Sotto is better for my needs over METROPOLIS ARK 2. The reason I am debating if Sotto will help in making great music with less time and effort and I can use the MIDI drop in other libraries since I have most of EastWest Orchestra libraries.

Last edited:
It's VERY unfortunate that (apart from the free Ostinatos for everyone) there are NO significant offers (so far) for the really loyal Sonokinetic customers who already have most of the products!!!
But, er, if you already have most of their products ...
what could they possibly offer you? Money back for previous purchases? I think it's asking too much that they should tailor their Xmas offers to every single existing customer. What would make sense, though, is a "complete your collection" option, and I can't see this at first glance. They have plenty of bundles, but nothing specifically for owners of multiple libraries?

If you ask me, they are quite bonkers for running these sales, even giving away free, brand new libraries, so I can't really say I sympathise with you here. I, too, own a lot of their libraries, btw.

Last edited:
what could they possibly offer you? Money back for previous purchases? I think it's asking too much that they should tailor their Xmas offers to every single existing customer. What would make sense, though, is a "complete your collection" option, and I can't see this at first glance. They have plenty of bundles, but nothing specifically for owners of multiple libraries?

If you ask me, they are quite bonkers for running these sales, even giving away free, brand new libraries, so I can really say I sympathise with you here. I, too, own a lot of their libraries, btw.

I am pretty sure there is a complete your collection option for the orchestral phrase series.

I own ALL of them and have no problem with these offers, its just a fact of life.

If you wait long enough you will get a deal with most devs, but is it always worth waiting that long? All those months or years without these tools to use? Many times their intro offers are also generous anyway.

Vivace is what 3-4 years old, so no wonder its on offer. Its the best sounding of the lot, buts its also the most orchestrated and quite tricky to fit into a piece as its so complete. Probably great for indie film-makers to add their own scoring. But there are a few nice underscore string ambiences that remind me a bit of Lumina.

I am pretty sure there is a complete your collection option for the orchestral phrase series.

Vivace is what 3-4 years old, so no wonder its on offer. Its the best sounding of the lot, buts its also the most orchestrated and quite tricky to fit into a piece as its so complete. Probably great for indie film-makers to add their own scoring. But there are a few nice underscore string ambiences that remind me a bit of Lumina.

For me Vivace, one possibility, that it can be great for solo instruments in a concerto type piece. I am not sure why much attention is placed on the age of the library except sales tend to be maybe down after a few years. My EastWest Symphonic Orchestra is much older but still have outstanding samples to work with. Samples quality is more important than the number of features, articulations or tweakability unless you have good long experience under the belt.
Vivace seems to have clear sounding phases.

what could they possibly offer you? Money back for previous purchases? .........................

Obviously, a discount on a new product in the future! :)

As much as I'd love to add Vivaci to my collection, I've got little gas left in the tank and am holding out in hopes of Soto...like when I snagged Capriccio and Minimal last xmas! Or even if they heavily discount Grosso, despite it's 12/8 limitations...

I think you meant to say 12/8 awesomeness. I love that library!
You're right, ben... it all depends on ur perspective... and once I get my grubby little hands on it I'll probably love it! Maybe I was just trying to get the price lower???:rolleyes:

Question though... I generally run at 100-130 bpm... but won't the library play way too fast? watching Chris's extended review, running at 130 things were way too fast for me... whereas 90 sounded way better. Guess there's always half speed... or am I missing something?

Question though... I generally run at 100-130 bpm... but won't the library play way too fast? watching Chris's extended review, running at 130 things were way too fast for me... whereas 90 sounded way better. Guess there's always half speed... or am I missing something?
I might be a bit of a hack, but I actually tend to think of the library in terms of triplets in a 4/4 meter rather than eighth notes in 12/8 which can influence tempo choices. I do usually keep it slower than 130, but because of the triplet feel it still feels quite energetic. One of the big reasons I went for Grosso was to step out of my comfort zone a bit. I personally feel Sonokinetics phrase libraries can be great learning tools.

Last edited:
OK, I can see that... the triplet4/4 thing... herkyjerky funktrance wise... do you also have Soto and which would be ur fav? For tearing apart the midi, seems Grosso has more elaborate phrasings...I like many of them. btw, thanks for the thoughts! I might be able to get only one this goround, with MA2 cash dump

Can anyone tell me if you can select the different phrases (in libs like Minimal or Sotto etc) via CC messages or automation? Or is a single patch restricted to the combination of phrases you've pre-chosen?

Apologies if this is obvious in documentation elsewhere but I haven't stumbled across it as yet.

Can anyone tell me if you can select the different phrases (in libs like Minimal or Sotto etc) via CC messages or automation? Or is a single patch restricted to the combination of phrases you've pre-chosen?

Apologies if this is obvious in documentation elsewhere but I haven't stumbled across it as yet.
It's by key switch. If you watch the videos they show you how its done. There is always some setup though.

Top Bottom