Sonixinema - Brute Flute: Extended Techniques - Intro Price!

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by Sonixinema, May 16, 2019 at 8:19 AM.

1. Sonixinema

Sonixinema New Member

Oct 23, 2017
    [​IMG]

Hi Everyone!

We are extremely excited to announce our new library Brute Flute - Extended Techniques!
    Featuring a mighty Contrabass Flute, we captured a range of cinematic textures, harmonic embellishments and explosive articulations. The third release in our brand new Experiments range, this library was performed by renowned flutist Gareth Mclearnon, who is known for his virtuosic performances across blockbusters such as Alien Covenant, Horizon Zero Dawn, Mary Magdalene and many more.

Check out the trailer and walkthrough below for more information!

https://www.sonixinema.com

Thanks,

Louis & Tomas

ptram, Si_Withenshaw, artmuz and 2 others like this.
  2. Wally Garten

Wally Garten Active Member

Apr 23, 2018
    Nice! Shame it doesn't include straight longs by the same player, but a ton of cool techniques in here!

EDIT: Ah, I see - at the end of one of the videos they say there will be a separate "Brute Flute Legato" library.

3. rotho

rotho New Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Just got it, I think its pretty interesting, I just got Andy Findon Kit Bag in the SF sale so this is a nice extension of the cbflute in that

Wally Garten likes this.
  4. Wally Garten

Wally Garten Active Member

Apr 23, 2018
    Yeah, I realized after my post above that I have Andy Findon, too, and was thinking this might pair well with it....

5. rotho

rotho New Member

Jul 20, 2018
    this is definitely more in your face than anything in AF, but yeh

Wally Garten likes this.
  6. Mark Schmieder

Mark Schmieder Active Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Concord CA
    This is quite a surprise -- especially the instrument itself, as the flutist in my jazz combo could only afford (and hold, due to weight) a PVC/plastic contrabass flute. I didn't realize the metal version has such a triangular-shaped lip plate!

It used to be that there were only two of these in the USA, and orchestras had to coordinate their programming to make sure none of them overlapped their needs for borrowing them. :)

Satorious and Wally Garten like this.
  7. CGR

CGR Pianist/Composer/Arranger

Jan 14, 2016
    Australia
    I was surprised to see the shape of this instrument. The textures Gareth extracts from it are quite stunning.

BTW Mark, you've once again impressed me with the depth of your musical knowledge!

8. ptram

ptram Senior Member

Nov 30, 2013
    I had a chance to try one, at the booth of Jupiter during an exhibition. It is as if your breath gets directly connected to the earth. I can't imagine what a sub-contrabass can be.

Paolo

9. Mark Schmieder

Feb 4, 2019
    Concord CA
    Jupiter makes one? I didn't know that. My friend says they make a decent Bass Flute. We both use Pearl for our soprano and alto models.

Yes, the instrument itself looks a bit like something out of Dr. Seuss, does it not?

10. ptram

ptram Senior Member

Nov 30, 2013
    It was a DiMedici model (now Azumi). It is a line designed by Altus and produced by their owner, Jupiter.

Paolo

11. Mark Schmieder

Feb 4, 2019
    Concord CA
    Paolo, yes, my friend told me about that model, and I'm certain she also told me about the ownership relations between those companies, but I easily forget these details when it's companies I haven't yet bought products from. The DiMedici series was excellent; I didn't know they were essentially what became the Azumi models. Good to know, for when I finally go for a Bass or Contrabass Flute.

12. Mark Schmieder

Feb 4, 2019
    Concord CA
    Checking my list, the only other Contrabass Flute library that I see, is the one in Spitfire Andy Findon Kitbag, but it doesn't focus on extended techniques like this one does.