What's new

Sonivox Orchestral Companion Woodwinds

am going to bed, but before, don't forget to buy Sonivox Blue Jay Drums at REVERB for 2,27€... they sound astounding good! Good night!

People should grab all three of these modules at that price. They are limited in scripting, yes, but they SOUND excellent. Saw a video recently where composer Guy Michelmore (various Marvel animated shows) was using the Orchestral Companion Strings library for a piece, and he's got just about every string library there is. He ultimately replaced the strings in the final recording, but they sounded great before the replacement.

They are okay...for a first library I think they would definitely be good, and also as a lite sketchpad version for a laptop to write on the road. I would not use these as my sole library for mockups for a director, I don't think anyway...I do have the strings as well, but never used them. I plan on using the winds as an ensemble patch under the Claire solos...I think they blend really well together.

Not confident with Updates included with each email from JRR Shop. Strings, Woodwinds, Brass all have Update Links.
Woodwinds Update seems to have only one small difference _ a single Sample wav file, but Update is 100+ MB.
Brass Update is downloading now @ 3.8GB ???
Will be doing Strings Update next. :eek:

Not confident with Updates included with each email from JRR Shop. Strings, Woodwinds, Brass all have Update Links.
Woodwinds Update seems to have only one small difference _ a single Sample wav file, but Update is 100+ MB.
Brass Update is downloading now @ 3.8GB ???
Will be doing Strings Update next. :eek:
I ignored the update because they both are labeled 1.4. I thought that the update was just for people who had an earlier version. They're really different?

I ignored the update because they both are labeled 1.4. I thought that the update was just for people who had an earlier version. They're really different?

Believe you made a solid choice. Compared Update files carefully and see no differences. The 'single' Contrabass wav file was only thing and not worth lots of time and effort …. :notworthy:

To anyone who has downloaded the Plugin Boutique bundle: are any of these products still 32 bit only? Or have they all been converted to 64 bit by now? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Just be aware that there are no legatos in there. In Robs example you can hear it obviously in the clarinet. So you have to make shure that notes are not overlapping too much to avoid an ensemble effekt :) Besides that I don´t need legato in each and every patch and prefer a good tone without legato over a mediocre tone with nice mediocre transitions :rofl:

Last edited:
I'd love to hear that. Generally i am pretty interested in hearing what people has achieved with these, as i remember the strings as quite dreadful. I am considering getting the WW and Brass though, as it seems very complete.

Oh, well, since you asked! It's here:

https://wally-garten.squarespace.com/robinarcher

Candidly, I can't remember now precisely which instruments were Sonivox. My general recollection is that most of the brass and woodwinds were. I used some Sonivox strings, some Logic strings, and midway through the project I also acquired Strezov's Cornucopia Strings. I'll see if I can't dig up the old project files tonight.

i'll give feedback tomorrow.. by downloading/installing/testing it appeared a new track..

People should grab all three of these modules at that price. They are limited in scripting, yes, but they SOUND excellent. Saw a video recently where composer Guy Michelmore (various Marvel animated shows) was using the Orchestral Companion Strings library for a piece, and he's got just about every string library there is. He ultimately replaced the strings in the final recording, but they sounded great before the replacement.

I’m thinking of going for all three, as it seems such a bargain!

Can you post a link to Guy Michelmore’s video?

Thanks.

Thx for all this info. The woodwinds doesn't have any sax, in fact I don't see that they have a sax anywhere (??) but their sales still ongoing and I'm considering some of their stuff, even though they have the dreaded ilok.

Thx for all this info. The woodwinds doesn't have any sax, in fact I don't see that they have a sax anywhere (??) but their sales still ongoing and I'm considering some of their stuff, even though they have the dreaded ilok.

It's $5 at Pluginboutique.com

Remember that pluginbutique has free trials for them, so try them out for yourself before you buys to make sure it doesn't crash and actually sounds descent. I am downloading it right now.

Top Bottom