Sonic Scores - New Sample Library

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by sonicscores, Oct 2, 2018.

1. sonicscores

sonicscores Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    We are getting close to releasing our new sample library called Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra. Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra is a complete orchestral library at a fantastic retail price of $129. The library has a special feature, and while demonstrating it to a few others, I was told to get a few more opinions. So here is a video for you all to see the new feature. Feel free to give us your opinion.

Note: This video was created By Tracy Collins at Indiginus just to show me the new feature. It was not created as a public release but gives you an idea of it's capabilities.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  2. procreative

procreative Senior Member

Mar 12, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Sounds very nice at a sensible price. Maybe more detail on specifics when you release such as articulation choices, dynamic ranges, where the recordings come from etc?

3. Bill the Lesser

Bill the Lesser Senior Member

May 8, 2018
    I think there's a large and neglected market for an instrument of this type at that price point. Sounds pretty good to me, as far as I can tell from this short demo. I like the interface a lot. This seems to cover more range than some other small "downsize" orchestral VIs we're starting to see. Good luck, I predict a smashing good success with this.

Wally Garten likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    sonicscores

Nov 23, 2016
    As for articulations:

String Ensembles-Sustains, Staccato, Marcato, Sforzando, Spiccato, Half Trill, Whole Trill, Tremolo, Pizzicato
    Solo Strings also have a Bartok Pizzicato

Brass and Woodwind Ensembles - Sustains, Staccato, Marcato, Sforzando
    Solo Brass and Woodwinds also have Half and Whole trills.

Instruments have Vibrato, Non-Vibrato, Attack, Release, Velocity Attack, Controller and Velocity sensitivity, and Volume controller controls.

The samples are a collection from proven orchestral libraries and newly recorded samples. The idea is to provide a small footprint, great sounding library, at an affordable price.

Here are a few quick mp3s we created.
    Note: These are not polished and are just to get an idea.

Jedi: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5apifwkffj8dlw/Amadeus Jedi Theme.mp3?dl=1

Pirates: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3j9diwli84l5yp/Pirates of the Caribbean.mp3?dl=1

More information to come soon.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    stonzthro likes this.
  5. devonmyles

devonmyles Senior Member

Aug 13, 2012
    UK
    I’m an Overture user, is this the library that has been in the pipeline for use with that?

6. procreative

Mar 12, 2013
    United Kingdom
    What does this mean? Have you licensed content from other developers? Will you be transparent about which ones?

7. OP
    OP
    sonicscores

Nov 23, 2016
    This is the library that is being developed for Overture. It will be sold separately or bundled with Overture. We may or may not disclose where the content came from as requested by the owners of the purchased content. We feel it is not important as long as it sounds great and has a great price. To be specific, we own all content.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    devonmyles likes this.
  8. procreative

Mar 12, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Okay fair enough, will there be more detail on release about dynamic layers, RRs etc?

9. devonmyles

devonmyles Senior Member

Aug 13, 2012
    UK
    Great, some of us have been waiting for this. Looking forward to the release.

:2thumbs:

10. Tacet

Tacet Senior Member

Sep 22, 2016
    This sounds great, at an accessible price. Kudos! :dancer:

The orchestra presets in the video look like a good sketching tool.
    Can you also share the complete list of individual instruments that will be part of the lib?

11. MatFluor

MatFluor Senior Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Switzerland
    Looks good. Reminds me very much of the Solid State Symphony thing (If I recall correctly, Indiginus Coded that as well?) - which is great for live gigging to lay Orchestral textures behind e.g. Rock.

12. Tacet

Tacet Senior Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Could you provide an indication of the planned release date for this?
    Is it weeks or months away?

13. OP
    OP
    sonicscores

Nov 23, 2016
    We hope by Thanksgiving, or the end of November.

14. MillsMixx

MillsMixx Production Director/Sound Designer

Jan 23, 2015
    Seattle
    Solid State Symphony is one of my favorite fun little libraries. This one looks quite promising and I like the price. I'll be looking for this one thanks :)

15. dariusofwest

dariusofwest Senior Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Neat library! Sound kinda reminds me of Kirk Hunter, very well put together. Looking forward to the release

16. Tacet

Tacet Senior Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Great! A couple more questions, if I may.

Based on online tutorials I've watched, Overture 5 already offers the ability to choose VST libs for playback, with expression mapping via user selected keyswitches.
    Will any additional functionality be available if scores are played back through Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra?

Also, could you share a list of the individual instruments which will be part of ASO?

17. goodgrief!

goodgrief! Active Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Will there be a discount for Overture users?

18. David Cuny

David Cuny Senior Member

May 8, 2018
    I haven't quite convinced myself I need Solid State Symphony. But this incarnation of the VSTi might win me over.

If nothing else, it got me to download a copy of Overture 5.

What I'm curious about now is how the solo instruments sound, and how well Amadeus works with Overture 5, especially the solo instruments.

If Black Friday doesn't wipe out my bank account, I could see getting this as an affordable little library that would be fun to play.

19. Vovique

Vovique Senior Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Sounds great, planning to buy as soon as it's out!

20. MatFluor

MatFluor Senior Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Switzerland
    Would be interesting how it compares to Noteperformer - considering Notation playback that's the standard to compete with I think

But it depends on what the goal is of Amadeus - is it a "quick n dirty and better than General MIDI" solution, or something else? Let's see how it develops and more videos of it ;)