What's new

Something "UP"-ish for Orchestra+CSSS

Hello all,

this is a piece I wrote in order to challenge myself to write something easy and "compact". Not quiet sure If accomplished so...
I thought throwing in some CSSS for a string-quartet solo part was a nice use for the library as well and reminded me of the "UP" Soundtrack.

I hope you enjoy

Jorgo

Really enjoyed it. 1:55 and the few bars afterwards are very nicely done in particular. I like the trillish (flutes?) after that point. The lead into the melody just beforehand is also excellent.

Also, nicely balanced in terms of samples. What brass/winds did you use to compliment?

Really enjoyed it. 1:55 and the few bars afterwards are very nicely done in particular. I like the trillish (flutes?) after that point. The lead into the melody just beforehand is also excellent.

Also, nicely balanced in terms of samples. What brass/winds did you use to compliment?

Hey thank you very much, I'm still using the "old" Berlin WW with the soloist expansion. Brass is basically Hollywood Brass diamond.

@JeffvR
Thanks! I think I do this quiet often I have to admit:D I might be a secret alto flute lover (but do barely use it)

@Hanu_H
Thank you Hannes, funny that you say that, I'm really into the "japan" stuff atm (like Yoko Kanno, Ryuichi Sakamoto). But I didn't expect someone to hear this in a piece like that, but why not!:D

Hey, if this is "easy", then compose only "easy" things. But I hear a great development of the motive, really good orchestration and coherent structure that makes sense! Btw, you finished your track just at the moment when the motive began to bore. So yeah, cool!

Very well done. Only thing I would have added, following your lead on a delicate orchestration, was a little harp during the transitions as garnish and maybe a belltree or triangle to accent the melody near the end. Very well orchestrated.

Nice track!

Which WW did you use?

Great production value as well - would love to see how you mixed this....

Berlin Woodwinds. The old main version+ the first soloist expansion. I don't know if I should be giving advice about mixing:D...I usually try to somehow get it right by ear.

As always, a big two-thumbs UP! CSSS magic... Alex Wallbank should add this piece to the CS demos.

Haha thank you as always! CSSS is one of my most used libraries atm. You can always throw in some solo strings and spice up the mockup. But even for piano trios or quartets it's great.
It would be an honor if he added it, but Alex can do whatever he wants, since I'm eagerly waiting for Cinematic Brass:dancer:

Beautiful piece! I do not want to find fault with such small things, especially since they do not belong to music, but you have confused the words in the name of the library CSSS. solo after the studio.))) However, it does not matter. I will listen to your other work. :)

I feel even little one old movie here.much older than up i think. but which i one i dont rememer.

Top Bottom