What's new

Something new from Spitfire?

I think if it was the choir they would organise some special launch event like they did with Zimmer Strings.

Since this sounds like the choir, it also sounds like they’ve done some good sound design to what might have once been choral patches as the source (ala Harpospheres). Now THAT makes this even more interesting than it might have been if it were a straight choir library. One thing that SA excel at is creating those esoteric additional patches where they’ve morphed the original sounds to give us some new inspirational layers.

Last edited:
I think if it was the choir they would organise some special launch event like they did with Zimmer Strings.

They have an event in London on the 25th of this Month. with a special guest that I would assume is Eric Whatcre. Also, they usually release libraries on Thursdays if I'm not mistaken.

Since this sounds like the choir, it also sounds like they’ve done some good sound design to what might have once been choral patches as the source (ala Harpospheres). Now THAT makes this even more interesting than it might have been if it were a straight choir library. One thing that SA excel at is creating those esoteric additional patches where they’ve morphed the original sounds to give us some new inspitational layers.

If that's true then I'd wager they've done a whole bunch of eDNA stuff in there too, like they do with the Albions. Maybe the recent update to eDNA Earth came out of their tinkering with a choir eDNA?

This is DEFINITELY the choir.

Why? Because this is the internet, and we can all say whatever we want, be wrong, and there is no consequence!

You say that, but I had an argument about a year ago with some guy from France about NI never including the SS libraries as part of Komplete.

The moment NI announced the new Komplete “Ultimate we mean it this time” he went and found the old thread and wrote a smug reply.

So yeah, some people won’t let stuff go...

Here's hoping for a generous intro price and enough walkthrough videos to put the skeptics to rest.

The moment NI announced the new Komplete “Ultimate we mean it this time” he went and found the old thread and wrote a smug reply.

So yeah, some people won’t let stuff go...
And some will spend six hours recording themself justifying their opinion...

Here’s hoping we have an adult reaction to the new product when it does come out. It’s software after all, which means it won’t be perfect. Still cheaper and easier to use than hiring your own choir in Air Lyndhurst.

The dawning fact that this will sit under and over my HZ and SSO libs without any screwing around with any artificial reverbs is just awe inspiring. That’s the beauty of Spitfire’s Air libs - the some of the whole is so much more than the individual libraries added together. The more libs you have recorded in that same hall, the better and better they all sound together.

With this sort of sound I really don’t care if the UI looks like a kicked over trifle. Kontakt or their bespoke UI each have their pros/cons. The sound and the hall are ultimately what I’m investing in more than usability.

As a Whitacre fan, a Spitfire fan, and a composer who has been starved in the choral VI department, I'm thrilled.

I'm also genuinely dreading some of the response. The inevitable Spitfire naysayers, VI-Control's tendency to be underwhelmed early on with releases, the hype for this... I'm already exhausted thinking about it.

The only concern I have about the thing itself is that it will run on their own player, which I can't utilize with my aging computer, and I'll be screwed!

As a Whitacre fan, a Spitfire fan, and a composer who has been starved in the choral VI department, I'm thrilled.

I'm also genuinely dreading some of the response. The inevitable Spitfire naysayers, VI-Control's tendency to be underwhelmed early on with releases, the hype for this... I'm already exhausted thinking about it.

The only concern I have about the thing itself is that it will run on their own player, which I can't utilize with my aging computer, and I'll be screwed!
+1

I can see lots of composers scratching their chins this week figuring out the explanation they give to their kids in a few months why Santa’s been a little tight this year, while they’ve got some new sparkling SSDs hidden away inside those rigs that werent there before...

I wonder if Samsung or Spitfire are going to make more money out of this deal.

...I wonder if Samsung or Spitfire are going to make more money out of this deal.
The big winner will be the maker of those bespoke hard drives Spitfire ships out. Maybe I'll use this opportunity to also have them load in a few other goodies. I'm thinking the queue for those will get pretty long, better line up right away. Sorry, kids!

Top Bottom