What's new

Something New. Final Teaser.

The woodwinds sound a lot like Audio Modeling to me, especially the shorter notes (could just be confirmation bias though).
Also, the fact that they now teased a whole woodwind section as well confirms it even more for me, that this isn't a new library. Hard to imagine that a new company like this just records the whole orchestra as their first product.

The woodwinds sound a lot like Audio Modeling to me, especially the shorter notes (could just be confirmation bias though).
Also, the fact that they now teased a whole woodwind section as well confirms it even more for me, that this isn't a new library. Hard to imagine that a new company like this just records the whole orchestra as their first product.

Probably right. I haven't been 'sold' on AM to date (I own a few but never seem to use them). This tool 'could' change this if the walkthrough shows simplicity of use - continued excellent examples of final result. Still interested, but perhaps lessor so. We shall see.

Peter Griffin.

Jokes apart, I hope this is not only a tool for live playing, I sometimes record live some of my tracks but I like so much to write them down in midi. Maybe it could be some sort of aggregation tool where you could load audio modeling libraries to build ensembles the way you like it.

True. However, they do have brass in the template too (you can see it slightly as the video ends). Could brass be teaser C?

Audio modelling don't do brass do they?

They don't do a tin whistle either which features in this video.

True. However, they do have brass in the template too (you can see it slightly as the video ends). Could brass be teaser C?

Audio modelling don't do brass do they?

They don't do a tin whistle either which features in this video.

No, they haven't done them yet.

Well the AM Brass is due in Jan-Feb 2020 sometime.... And the tin whistle sound is also probably possible by sliding the style slider from "Classical" to "Ethnic" with piccolo their flutes library, or by delving deeper into the instrument settings.

Sorry for the utterly offtopic question, but does anyone happen to recognize the MIDI keyboard he's using? :)

My only question at this point. What samples are being used. Two possible scenarios- 1. In conjunction with other developers or 2. NEW Sample content optimized for this 'tool'.

With each day I am thinking more #1 (although for the life of me cannot nail whose string samples the first teaser uses.)
Since Audio Modeling shared the 1st teaser on Facebook I'll bet it is a new, upcoming strings library from them. And since people here think they're using Audio Modeling woodwinds in the 2nd teaser that further confirms my suspicion.

Well if these are easily attainable results with audio modelling samples and whatever this next midi thing is then I may have to rethink my whole template!

Since Audio Modeling shared the 1st teaser on Facebook I'll bet it is a new, upcoming strings library from them. And since people here think they're using Audio Modeling woodwinds in the 2nd teaser that further confirms my suspicion.

Yep AND if AM can produce the strings 'results' we hear in teaser a - I am in (I'm less impressed with the woods BUT if workflow is dramatically better than current - I'd buy into that as well.) In any case looks like that breath controller is in my future.

Don't forget the tablet he has in front of him, I think this is part of the thing, or maybe not. But I think he is triggering some "scenes" that calls various type of ensembles and keyboard divisions (high keys = high strings etc...). I hope it is not mobile dependent, I don't want to be forced to use a tablet. Or maybe they are selling a tablet, or maybe an app (I hope not).

Yep AND if AM can produce the strings 'results' we hear in teaser a - I am in (I'm less impressed with the woods BUT if workflow is dramatically better than current - I'd buy into that as well.) In any case looks like that breath controller is in my future.

I already have breath controller and all AM libraries (except for the Sax one which I don't use) so apparently I miss only this thing. :D

The app he's using could also be Audio Modeling's "Camelot", which would further explain their involvement.

The app he's using could also be Audio Modeling's "Camelot", which would further explain their involvement.

I didn't buy Camelot since it is for live playing so I don't know it well. I was thinking the way he tap that screen, he do it with some emphasis.

I noticed if you visit their facebookpage, the name is actually this: "visionofaworkflow". So i guess it's indeed workflow related and not a new library. But what are those strings then?

I'm really hoping it's a workflow/compositional tool. What we need in the VI sphere is more improvements to the process of composing and less of the "we sampled an orchestra, except now it's a little bit better than the other ones" which happens a lot.

Well this is exactly what is the aim of modeled or semi-modeled libraries, more composing/ less programming. I'm so happy to use those kind of libraries and I hope there is more to come.

Top Bottom