What's new

Something New. Final Teaser.

Very impressive, especially at 0:33. Mad! No idea what problem people have with the high strings... it shines the most in full arrangement but that's case with all string libraries and I've never heard an exposed violins passage with samples that doesn't sound kinda fake... except one recent library maybe. :P

Very impressive, especially at 0:33. Mad! No idea what problem people have with the high strings... it shines the most in full arrangement but that's case with all string libraries and I've never heard an exposed violins passage with samples that doesn't sound kinda fake... except one recent library maybe. :P

Very much agree (for most libraries). I think it gutsy that he even played that all by its lonesome. I want to hear it all NOT just what is the sweet spot for most sample libraries. I know the latest idea is for a midi router program and very well may still be 'that' BUT - for the life of me cannot nail down 'whose' samples he is playing (hopefully it is NEW). ;)

Maybe there is a clue -
Sascha Knorr commented on NextMidi's facebook "Sounds familiar" with a smiley - comment liked by NextMidi.
Sascha is very involved with Orchestral Tools as most know I guess. And Orchestral Tools are German too.
So maybe there is a connection. But then again... AudioModeling too... maybe a huge collab project? Midi controller & sample library? A marriage between traditional sampling and modeling + a dedicated controller thing?

Maybe there is a clue -
Sascha Knorr commented on NextMidi's facebook "Sounds familiar" with a smiley - comment liked by NextMidi.
Sascha is very involved with Orchestral Tools as most know I guess. And Orchestral Tools are German too.
So maybe there is a connection. But then again... AudioModeling too... maybe a huge collab project? Midi controller & sample library? A marriage between traditional sampling and modeling + a dedicated controller thing?
audiomodeling have the “ knightsoftheroundtable”live playing app thing ( hence the ipad/tablet app) if OT is involved ( which by the sound of the strings might be possible & they also have solo strings) provide the strings libs, then the question is, what is this company’s added value? They somehow seem to have developed things further in a way that without them wasn’t there yet....

Oh what the hell! Is this a whole new orchestral library?!

Its sounds amazing.

If its brass as well, then i hope you announce something before the junkie xl brass pre order ends :P?

Last edited:
I haven't heard these woodwind samples or those strings samples before ... :o

giphy.gif

Yes, but if it is just a workflow tool, what libraries is it using? What library has all those woodwinds and sounds that good?

What string library sounds like the first video?

My only question at this point. What samples are being used. Two possible scenarios- 1. In conjunction with other developers or 2. NEW Sample content optimized for this 'tool'.

With each day I am thinking more #1 (although for the life of me cannot nail whose string samples the first teaser uses.)

My only question at this point. What samples are being used - 1. In conjunction with other developers or 2. NEW Sample content optimized for this 'tool'.

With each day I am thinking more #1 (although for the life of me cannot nail whose string samples the first teaser uses.)

So do we think it is audio modelling samples? Is it possible for their strings to sound this good in an ensemble context?

The woodwind list in the second video has everything you get with Audio Modelling's winds...

It must be new or optimised content for this tool. What library does poly legato and sounds that smooth and realistic with dynamic and articulation changes etc?

Last edited:
I still cant get over 0.35-0.38 in the strings demo.

I mean, serious goosebumps. Sounds like it was taken straight out of one of Harry Gregson William's scores (Kingdom of Heaven or Prince of Persia)

So do we think it is audio modelling samples? Is it possible for their strings to sound this good in an ensemble context?

The woodwind list in the second video has everything you get with Audio Modelling's winds...

It must be new or optimised content for this tool. What library does poly legato and sounds that smooth and realistic with dynamic and articulation changes etc?

I thinked the same about woods. Not sure about strings.

Anyway it is definitely a workflow tool, I'm just became less hyped but still interested.

From my experience every extra tool I tried it was a slow down but there's always hope.

If they are using AM libraries then I'm more interested.

Looks like a new, orchestral oriented composing tool/workstation to me. Can't guess more than that, unless someone shares which Peter who posted this. Peter Fonda? Peter Sellers? Peter Schwarz?

Top Bottom