What's new

Something is Coming - Spitfire Thunderbolt

So I have Artisan Cello. It's a fun little library, especially the little wibbly-wobbly bits on the artisan long patch. Frustrating caveat - the little cog where you can remove certain RR samples is missing, so you have to dig way down under the hood if you want a specific sample to trigger each time.
(For reference - each note is sampled twice. Each sample is unique in that there are ornamentations to it - rebows, mordents, trills, scoops.)

So the question is... Does the repackaged AltSS have the sample edit cog that other Spitfire libraries do?

Clumsy music? I don't think so! Sounds beautiful.
A most beautiful piece.
I really didn't plan to listen to the end, but I did anyway because I liked it so much. Reminds me of the exploration tracks in the Skyrim Soundtrack that I've listened to a lot recently. Beautiful!

Nothing against being humble, but when almost everyone regardless of experience prefaces their posted tracks with some kind of self-deprecating disclaimer, it's getting silly. I see many members who do this, not just you.
This is stunning!

Wow, well, thanks guys!

There's a hint of doubt in that...
I couldn't pass on ASS so it's downloading now. Was @miket post above that tipped me over

And to you, you're welcome/I'm sorry.

Native Access has me pegged correctly.
Screenshot 2019-02-13 at 10.37.42.png

I was also sold by Justin's noodling and the lib really does seem like instant "that indie movie you didn't particularly like but don't regret watching" sound. I don't think I'm gonna be using that performance legato though, not sure if it's the crossfade tuning, but every transition sounds like the performer is doing a quick rebow right before changing the note. Melodic lines sound better with the basic long articulations.

And the time has finally come to try HZ Strings out. The Trem CS Pont Waves Patch is amazing. Gonna have a lot of fun with this library!

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 02.00.03.png

Gah dammit. I don't know why but I was hoping for some thunderbolt hardware thing, maybe a Spitfire Audio Interface. Could have been fun.

HZStrings at $479 is actually a pretty decent deal tho! Also eyeing up the British Drama Toolkit, anyone got an opinion on that one? Where are you finding yourself using it the most.

-DJ
British Drama is just amazing. Not the vastest library out there. But extremely useful.
It has a life of its own (you may like that or not) and is slightly random but that is why it's so cool in my opinion. I would say "organic" is the best term to describe it.
It is very good for filling spaces without too much going on, melody/harmony wise, but still avoiding sterility.

I have the cello and violin from when they were part of the artisan series. The short and long articulations are very nice across the board. The legato is not that great IMO. The vibrato is very strong and only controllable by velocity, no crossfading. A low velocity triggers a gentle progressive vibrato and high velocity triggers an immediate, very strong, hairy vibrato which I think sounds over the top most of the time. I find it difficult to play without constantly triggering the higher velocity. It would be nice if you could adjust the crossover point as I feel it's set too low. They are really nice sounding libraries, but I wouldn't buy them for flexible legato performance.

I can upgrade and get the viola and bass for $89 with this sale, but I'm on the fence...
So they are the actual same instruments as the Artisan series?? I love those!
Thought it was a different product. I just joined you on that same fence... :)
So the viola and bass are new... mmmm... Anyone has experience with these?

So they are the actual same instruments as the Artisan series?? I love those!
Thought it was a different product. I just joined you on that same fence... :)
So the viola and bass are new... mmmm... Anyone has experience with these?
Yes, the cello and violin are from the Artisan ones. I don't think the viola nor bass were ever released individually under the Artisan series. I believe they were added in with the release of the Alternative package. I've since bought Spitfire Solo Strings and like them a lot. The legatos are better then Artisan, but they still are not on par with things like Emotional cello, violin. While I like to "complete" things, I'm not likely to upgrade to Alternative as I'm pretty well covered. Having said that, the shorts and various longs are cool and different from SSsT and it's a much dryer gritty tone...

Abbey Road One. The journey continues Feb 18th. Sparkling woodwinds and Legendary Low Strings. I bought in on the intro special so one will be free for me. Since I jumped in on the AR bandwagon I will prob pick up the other as well. In for a penny, in for a pound

Top Bottom