Something is Coming - Spitfire Thunderbolt

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Zoot_Rollo, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Go To 11

Go To 11 Member

Dec 11, 2018
    Individuals are 40% off. Check out the site!

2. MaxOctane

MaxOctane Active Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Does anyone have anything they've done with Alternative Solo Strings? I was always intrigued but it seems very likely to be yet another miss in my solo-strings arsenal.

Ledwick and whiskers like this.
  3. AdamKmusic

AdamKmusic Active Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Great discounts but saving my money for Studio Woodwinds to complete my studio set!

4. Camus

Camus Active Member

Apr 21, 2008
    what a name for the campaign...... expected something spectaculor..... and then...... well ?!** :unsure:

Attached Files:

Matt Riley and erica-grace like this.
  5. Grégory Betton

Grégory Betton Member

Mar 22, 2018
    As I have all the other libraries, HZS is 50% off for me. And I'm sure a lot of other guys would find their happiness here. It should be noted too that it's very rare for SA to go under 40%.

lp59burst, Mason, webs and 1 other person like this.
  6. DivingInSpace

DivingInSpace Active Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Was expecting a new product from the announcement, but oh well this is nice too. Not that my broke ass is going to buy anything, and i am not really in need of either of these.

7. galactic orange

galactic orange Sensor Number

Jun 23, 2016
    Wow. Wallet sad now! Thanks!

8. galactic orange

galactic orange Sensor Number

Jun 23, 2016
    hear hear!

9. SpitfireSupport

SpitfireSupport Customer Experience

May 8, 2017
    Remember you can buy these products individually at 40% off or buy all six (or the remaining products in the collection if you already have some of them) at 50% off.

MaxOctane has linked to the collection page but there's more info on the homepage: spitfireaudio.com

lp59burst, PSKLN and whiskers like this.
  10. JeffvR

JeffvR Active Member

Dec 4, 2010
    TBH, not worth it at full price at all. Way too little content. The discounted price is OK, but Olafur Arnalds EVO's are better IMHO.

11. Justin Robbins

Justin Robbins New Member

Apr 19, 2018
    You'll have to skip around a little bit, but Alternative Solo Strings is the only strings lib I used in this:

I'm new to this world, and still getting used to the library, so take it with a grain of salt.

12. whiskers

whiskers Perpetual student

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    Debating about alternative solo strings, LCOS, and symphonic evolutions, mostly the former.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  13. fretti

fretti Senior Member

It‘s a cool library with some great sounds. Think I used some Dig Spicc sounds from the cello and viola in a „demo“ for British Drama Toolkit, though imo it‘s best used in context or for special sounds (my two cents here:))

Bill the Lesser and whiskers like this.
  14. Ledwick

Ledwick Member

Feb 5, 2019
    The alternative sound of Alternative strings is awesome, but could patches like the normal spiccatos and performance legatos be used more traditionally to play fast clean passages like from a classical quartet playing Vivaldi or something? In the walkthrough video at 5:30 Paul Thompson plays a quick legato phrase that sort of sounds traditional. Is this possible with the library? Or are the round robins of even the spiccato patches too unique and different to be used for long consistent phrases?

15. Will Wilson

Will Wilson All the gear, no idea

Jan 5, 2018
    Yeah I already have OACE so was wondering if this actually added anything .

whiskers likes this.
  16. ridgero

ridgero Member

Apr 17, 2018
    The Alternative solo strings sounds much like the GoT score, maybe I`ll buy them.

17. fretti

fretti Senior Member

I‘d say it can be used for that; but afaik ASS has no vibrato control. So while the performance legatos (only violin and cello) can be definitely used for faster stuff (think I tried some Vivaldi out of fun when I first got it) there’s also definitely stuff it can‘t do compared to the „normal“ Solo Strings.

(+you don‘t get the sound of AIR, which might be not too bad for people that like dryer stuff:))

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Ledwick likes this.
  18. Goldie Zwecker

Goldie Zwecker Active Member

Feb 1, 2017
    I don't have much left to spend and i guess i'm keeping mine for the new Eduardo Tarilonte Dark Era library...

dflood, Marcio Lobato and whiskers like this.
  19. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    Why are you complaining lol

20. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    So I'm thinking maybe LCOS. Hmmm