What's new

Something is Coming - Spitfire Thunderbolt

josephspirits

There is a little video clip on the Spitfire Twitter

No more info, just some glitching and orchestral sounds. Could be a hint but also could just be some exciting Spitfire sounds.

fretti

1. Maybe something like „Apex“ (or how it was called) where Tundra was a 199€ for a day?
  2. Or they finally release the Hans Zimmer Strings Addon with new shorts etc.?
  3. Or they „release“ the pro versions of the symphonic orchestra at special discounts?
Or (my actual guess): it‘s something i‘d never have thought about:)

BeneJ

Spitfire mentioned in a video that the company is becoming/expanding into a form of record label (whatever that means in a world no longer containing a record industry). Maybe it will manifest in the form a subscription streaming service of curated neo-classical and hybrid orchestral releases?

(If not, then I copyright this idea and am seeking partners!)

josephspirits

1. Maybe something like „Apex“ (or how it was called) where Tundra was a 199€ for a day?
  2. Or they finally release the Hans Zimmer Strings Addon with new shorts etc.?
  3. Or they „release“ the pro versions of the symphonic orchestra at special discounts?
Or (my actual guess): it‘s something i‘d never have thought about:)
I don't know man, I still think the Yellow King is involved. Oh sorry, wrong forum.

Spitfire mentioned in a video that the company is becoming/expanding into a form of record label (whatever that means in a world no longer containing a record industry). Maybe it will manifest in the form a subscription streaming service of curated neo-classical and hybrid orchestral releases?

(If not, then I copyright this idea and am seeking partners!)
The world very much still contains a record industry (the Grammys are tonight!), despite being more or less in a constant state of artistic decline, and in fact Spitfire already launched their label: https://sarecordings.com/

muziksculp

If it is the Hans Zimmer Strings Shorts, and other additional useful articulations, I would be Super Positively Shocked with how wonderful this would be, but I doubt it. :)

ptram

The Thunderbolt was a very compact airplane. It might be a compact library, developing on BDT. Something like an Albion One Half.

Paolo

whiskers

Perpetual student
The Thunderbolt was a very compact airplane. It might be a compact library, developing on BDT. Something like an Albion One Half.

Paolo
Yes but why the 'two days only' if it were a new library?

Unrelated, I wonder if Christian ever released his EDNA cartridge.

MillsMixx

Production Director/Sound Designer
Yeah, gotta agree the key to this guessing game is certainly "2 days only."

Sounds to me like it would have to be a product that is discounted rather than a new release or streaming/cloud service. I mean why would they release a new library for just 2 days and then that's it?

I would love to see them discount their Spitfire Symphony Orchestra full bundle at a ridiculous price to complete the full bundle. I just have brass left to pick up but sold separate in a discounted bundle could get me close enough. :)

AllanH

Definitely the pumpkin lady traveling back in time.
If 'back in time' means that I can get the Symphonic Orchestra for substantially less than $1,600 count me in :) We'll see soon, I guess

Clarification: Typical sales price is ~$1,200.

Last edited:

Coincidental

(Lightning) flash (sale) comes before thunderbolt (whatever that may be - the woodwinds presumably)? Hey ho, back to work :)

Top Bottom