Something is Coming - Spitfire Thunderbolt

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Zoot_Rollo, Feb 10, 2019.

1. MaxOctane

MaxOctane Active Member

Mar 23, 2017
    I don't think I've ever seen a single demo --even just 30 secs-- of Alternative Solo Strings posted on VI-C. Anyone??

2. josephspirits

josephspirits Member

Nov 22, 2017
    It's alternative.

3. brek

brek Active Member

Oct 30, 2016
    So I have Artisan Cello. It's a fun little library, especially the little wibbly-wobbly bits on the artisan long patch. Frustrating caveat - the little cog where you can remove certain RR samples is missing, so you have to dig way down under the hood if you want a specific sample to trigger each time.
    (For reference - each note is sampled twice. Each sample is unique in that there are ornamentations to it - rebows, mordents, trills, scoops.)

So the question is... Does the repackaged AltSS have the sample edit cog that other Spitfire libraries do?

4. miket

miket Team Dany

May 17, 2016
    New York
    Wow, well, thanks guys!

And to you, you're welcome/I'm sorry.

James H likes this.
  5. MaxOctane

MaxOctane Active Member

Mar 23, 2017
    I caved and bought Alternative Solo Strings. With that, I'm now the proud owner of the full Thunderbolt collection, since I'd bought the other libs along the way.

What pushed me over the edge was @Justin Robbins's great track:

As an added bonus, Native Access greeted me with this:

upload_2019-2-13_1-24-21.png

lp59burst likes this.
  6. Ruffian Price

Ruffian Price Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Native Access has me pegged correctly.
    Screenshot 2019-02-13 at 10.37.42.png

I was also sold by Justin's noodling and the lib really does seem like instant "that indie movie you didn't particularly like but don't regret watching" sound. I don't think I'm gonna be using that performance legato though, not sure if it's the crossfade tuning, but every transition sounds like the performer is doing a quick rebow right before changing the note. Melodic lines sound better with the basic long articulations.

7. MaxOctane

MaxOctane Active Member

Mar 23, 2017
    The bass pizz is a great jazz double bass.

8. Alex Niedt

Alex Niedt Active Member

Jun 4, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Really liking Alternative Solo Strings! Definitely suited to the more avant-garde. The Alternative Longs are so cool.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  9. jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

And the time has finally come to try HZ Strings out. The Trem CS Pont Waves Patch is amazing. Gonna have a lot of fun with this library!

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 02.00.03.png