What's new

Some uplifting classic movie track

Great work, Jorgo! Really enjoyed the overall style, orchestration and harmony! Would love to hear this piece with a live ensemble and feel that maybe your samples/programming are letting you down here a bit.

In terms of the mock-up, your piece can definitely use some breathing room with either tempo changes, rests, solo/soli sections, etc. Also, a bit more dynamic range would make a huge difference and truly make the 'finale' a much more triumphant one. Again, your writing is great and I really enjoyed it! :)

Great work, Jorgo! Really enjoyed the overall style, orchestration and harmony! Would love to hear this piece with a live ensemble and feel that maybe your samples/programming are letting you down here a bit.

In terms of the mock-up, your piece can definitely use some breathing room with either tempo changes, rests, solo/soli sections, etc. Also, a bit more dynamic range would make a huge difference and truly make the 'finale' a much more triumphant one. Again, your writing is great and I really enjoyed it! :)

Thank you very much!
Yes you are right with the dynamic range , it’s something I always forget and it might sound a bit too insta-fortissimo all the time. Thanks!

I enjoyed this one. Very nice work!

Excellent sketch base, melody and melodic build-up. There's a lot happening in those 4 minutes. Some of those musical ideas deserved a bit more space/time to blend in. It feels a bit rushed, not in tempo but in changes of scenery.

To my ears the overall sound is a bit 2-dimensional, and the arrangement and orchestration could use some additional details (besides the breathing, tempo & dynamic range BenG mentioned), little short accents to spice things up, extra depth in the low-range instruments and the timpani could do with a bit more variation too.

But the harmonic and melodic display is very interesting and doesn't stop holding the attention. That's more important than little details. So well done!

Top Bottom