What's new

Some trap featuring Metropolis Ark 1

DSmolken

I mentioned something about using MA1 for trap brass in another thread, and didn't want to litter the thread by posting it there. Maybe this is a better place for it. It's a Santigold cover I put together for a friend of mine, using Metropolis Ark 1 tubas and bass trombones for the crescendos, and there are also staccato bass trombones which IIRC are doubling some bass notes during the verses and doubling the distorted guitar during the hook. Could've also used MA guitars, but used some of my own samples instead.

Definitely not everyone's cup of tea, heh.

Imho, the trombones and tubas don't sound as rich, meaty, and full here. Did you eq out the bass in the trombones and tubas, or not mix in enough tuba, to leave more room for your other bass instruments in the track?

Yeah, everything except the bass and kick is aggressively highpassed. I'm using some tuba and horn swells in another track I'm working on now, I'll try to avoid doing that there... just some multiband compression instead, which should be better. Thanks for pointing that out.

My pleasure, just remember, when low brass sounds thin, it screams samples. Also, when horns are always playing bright and buzzy, even in softer dynamics, it screams samples.

Yeah, even in genres where "it screams samples" is completely acceptable, it's important to remember that it's not always a good idea!

Top Bottom