What's new

[SOLVED]Kontakt instance reaches Ram limit though DAW has much more ram

blougui

(posted it earlier in the wrong forum, I'm afraid)
Hi guys,

Seems like I can't use all th 16gig ram of my PC.
While in Cubase 7 64 when loading a patch in Kontakt 5.2 , a message pops up telling me I've reached the limit and that the app will now be unstable or something like that.
I then checked in Win 7 how much Ram was in use and it said 6,5 gig, so far from the 16 gig limit. Eventually Cubase crashes.

I think i'v got some VST bridge issues going on as well, if that could be relevant.

A mate working in data proc, tells me it can't be a faulty ram stick as my entire systeme would go nuts.

Could you help me focus on what could go wrong here ?

Edit : I'm wondering : since I had issues with Kontakt and had to reinstall it and reauthorize it from my Komplete 8 DVDs, could it be that I'v installed a 32 bit version ?

Re: Kontakt instance reaches Ram limit though DAW has much more ram (pop up alert)

Sounds a lot to me like you have installed a 32-bit Version and are reaching the 4GB-cap. Open Kontakt and check under Help -> About Kontakt. ;)

Re: Kontakt instance reaches Ram limit though DAW has much more ram (pop up alert)

Yes, and also be careful that the plug-in paths for Cubase don't try to load up 32-bit plug-ins in a 64-bit directory - that can cause weirdness as well.

Thanx TodayIwill and Soundcues. :)
It seems i've installed the 32's in Cubase. But the standalone is 64. Don't understand why.
Now I've to figure how to install the right one in Cubase VST plugins.
I'm not sure I get it, though... :?:

During the installation of Kontakt you are asked to specify where the .dll files are to be placed, one path for the 32-bit version and one for 64-bit. You need to figure out where you have placed the latter and tell Cubase. It is probably also a good idea to keep the other version stored somewhere where cubase doesnt access it, so you don't get them mixed up. ;)

Many thanx, I think I've sorted it out !
So much VST plugin folders, I never quite know where to place VSTi or plugins.
this time I've got only the x64 in the Cubase folder.
Thank you again o-[][]-o

- Erik

Top Bottom