SOLVED: Cubase 8.5 - How do I return to simplified "add audio track" view?

David Chappell

For whatever reason, now whenever I add an audio track, I only get the presets view.

This is the simple view I mean:

And this is the view I'm currently stuck on:
cubase audio track browse view.png

How can I get back to the simple view from the presets view? I figure I must be missing something obvious but I can't see anything in the presets view that will allow me to return to the simplified view.

Michel Simons

Damn, I had the exact same problem a couple of months ago and I managed to get back to the simple view, but for the life of me I cannot remember how I accomplished that.

I will try to look at it this evening, but no promises. Hopefully you will have found the solution by then.

OP
David Chappell

David Chappell

Damn, I had the exact same problem a couple of months ago and I managed to get back to the simple view, but for the life of me I cannot remember how I accomplished that.

I will try to look at it this evening, but no promises. Hopefully you will have found the solution by then.
Much appreciated, thanks!

Thus far, neither restarting cubase nor restarting the computer have worked. This is proving quite an irritation at how simple it should be!

Michel Simons

I had another go at trying to replicate your view, but didn't succeed.

Here is where I got after hitting the Browse button:
add audio track.jpg

Unchecking the Filters checkbox will almost give me the same view as yours, but yours is missing the top part with the Browse button.

DynamicK

Have you tried resetting your user folder? Move your Cubase_10 folder (App Data/Roaming) somewhere else, and Cubase will create a new one. Or you can remove Default and Presets xml files from your user folder. Cubase will create new ones.

OP
David Chappell

David Chappell

Have you tried resetting your user folder? Move your Cubase_10 folder (App Data/Roaming) somewhere else, and Cubase will create a new one. Or you can remove Default and Presets xml files from your user folder. Cubase will create new ones.
SOLVED!

Deleting "Defaults.xml" in appdata/roaming/steinberg/cubase 8.5_64 has returned the add audio track to the simplified view.

Thank you!