What's new

Solo Tuba library

FrenchTubist

Pierre Basso
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a tuba library sampled with a very high quality. I have to write a mock-up with a solo Tuba and my libraries are useless for this job. Do you have any advices?
Has anyone a good feedback for the tuba with the Vienna sample library or the east west Hollywood Brass?
Thanks for your help!

Peter

But you're a tubist....
Yeah I know. Lol. But I can't play anymore of my lovely instrument because I've got serious health problems. That's why it's a little bit a strange situation for me. Because I know how it must sound or what you can do with the instrument but I can't find a library which match really with the real possibilities of the instrument.

Yeah I know. Lol. But I can't play anymore of my lovely instrument because I've got serious health problems. That's why it's a little bit a strange situation for me. Because I know how it must sound or what you can do with the instrument but I can't find a library which match really with the real possibilities of the instrument.
I'm sorry to hear that. A real musician can nearly always hear the imperfections in a sample library so I think it will be hard for you to find one that is truly satisfying.

@d.healey Yeah that's hard but I would be happy when I can find a library which match only 70-80 percent of the reality.

@Sovereign Thanks for your reply. I saw this library. The demo of the legato was good but I don't know for the staccato... I don't search a bunch of articulations but I'm looking for a library with a real big deep sound and not a low augmented Trombone sound, which is unfortunately common...

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a tuba library sampled with a very high quality. I have to write a mock-up with a solo Tuba and my libraries are useless for this job. Do you have any advices?
Has anyone a good feedback for the tuba with the Vienna sample library or the east west Hollywood Brass?
Thanks for your help!

Peter
Does it need to be samples?
If it is for solo tuba you may get better results using Sample Modeling or Infinite Brass.

@Sovereign Thanks for your reply. I saw this library. The demo of the legato was good but I don't know for the staccato... I don't search a bunch of articulations but I'm looking for a library with a real big deep sound and not a low augmented Trombone sound, which is unfortunately common...
Do you mean you have not heard the staccato's or don't like 'em?

Chris Hein Orchestral Brass Extended includes an extensively sampled solo F-Tuba. And you get the rest of the orchestral brass with the tuba :whistling:

There are some nice demos on the Best Service website.

best regards
Raindog

Sample Modelling will probably offer the most versatility in playback, though the sound may leave something to be desired and require lots of 'mixing.'

Spitfire Audio, for both their brass libraries, sample an Eb bass and a CC contrabass. The Eb comes with legato and mutes too. Lots of articulations and lots of samples from Spitfire but playing them won't be as simple as Sample Modelling. However, there's Cimbassi in the Spitfire stuff too! That may interest the Tubist in you if you know what they are ;)

Sorry to hear about your health. I've been having trouble with mine too, as a Bass Trombone player I can sympathize how it feels being unable to play your horn... I've got some nasty chronic acid reflux and have been getting abdominal pains when holding anything heavy for more than a minute, so playing a heavy instrument is a no-go until I get my condition diagnosed and sorted.
Best of luck to you!

I'll plug in a +1 for 8Dio's Century Brass Solo Tuba, the entire library of course is excellent too : )

Top Bottom