What's new

Software to create customizable instruments stacks with different midi regions per track

midiman

Can anyone recommend and Software or way, to have a way to play 4 or 5 different patches, and control the midi zones that each patch is receiving. Say you want to send midi to VLS I VLS II, VLAS, CELLI, and BASSES, but want to set it up so that different midi regions are limited to the range a an instrument. i.e, I may be playing a full chord on the keyboard, but the violas will only receive midi between C2 to C3, and the violins will only receive midi data between C#3 to C5.

The goal being able to play and record all of them at the same time without having Cellos Violas and Violins all playing the same notes.

I remember hearing about a piece of software that did just this, but I cannot remember the name of it.

Thanks!

SlHarder

Many daws have a midi filter effect. You apply it to each instrument track and then disallow events that you do not want triggering that instrument.

Dex

Many daws have a midi filter effect. You apply it to each instrument track and then disallow events that you do not want triggering that instrument.
And if your DAW doesn’t, you can use midi polyshear (free) to accomplish this.

There’s also Unify (not free), which has many other features, but it may be a bit more difficult to mix with because it only has stereo out.

OP
midiman

midiman

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I Appreciate it! Looking into each and every one of them.

robgb

I was young once
There is a free Kontakt multiscript that will accomplish this. The link is posted somewhere on this forum along with a divisi multiscript. It works quite well. Hopefully someone will know the link.

Top Bottom