What's new

So with Rosetta2 on m1 macs...

berto

is there a visible difference to run, let's say, Logic with rosetta or not? Because many plug ins need rosetta at the moment...
Do yo now which plugin company works with m1 without rosetta2?

Izotope? not supported yet
Waves? apparently yes
UAD? install in safe mode then rosetta
Slate? only rosetta

Do you know more companies?

Thank you

Last edited:
Since i bought and installed everything on the M1 Mini, I always used Logic under Rosetta. Just tried yesterday in Native mode and my Waves plugins were available. Only difference was every first opening took some time, I even saw a wheel spinning for one of them. Performance-wise I didn’t see any improvements. At this point, I would have to make a project with only Logic’s plugins in Rosetta and native mode to see if there’s any advantages but I won’t, no time to waste on this.

Apple has an Intel-to-ARM "bridge" for plugins that allows most Intel plugins to run fine with Logic in native mode. Occasionally, I run across a plugin that doesn't work (I think Opus is one, currently), and until recently, MIDI FX plugins (like Scaler, Orb, Captain, etc) didn't work, but I think that might have been fixed in the most recent update (haven't tested yet).

For better stability i suggest to keep running logic in Rosetta mode if a lot of non apple silicon native plugins are used in s project.

For better stability i suggest to keep running logic in Rosetta mode if a lot of non apple silicon native plugins are used in s project.
I wouldn't disagree - just didn't want everyone to think that they have to run Logic in Rosetta mode until ALL of their plugins are native.

In my initial quick tests, I haven't found any reason to run logic in rosetta mode yet. Consider me impressed - it just works :)

A lot of my plugins are opening via rosetta, which I'm only aware of as I know there's no native version. Is there a way of actually being able to identify what's running via rosetta?

If you want to use Logic with, for example, Dorico (Intel), then you will need to use Logic in Rosetta mode or you will get errors with some sample libraries and plugins. For example, you can't use the Spitfire App in both Native and Intel mode on the same system or you will get Spitfire's dreaded 'error#1'.

Top Bottom