What's new

So Reason+ is a thing now (subscription). Reason Intro and Suite discontinued.

Whoop, more subscription services in a saturated market. Awesome stuff. I hope every other company gets a move on and implements this so that the whole thing can finally implode in onto itself.

As long as the perpetual licenses don't disappear I don't care.

Buy it

£309

12 months Subscription

£239

The only winner in the sub model is the Developer.

Anyway. The 50% off works for owners of any version of Reason. Anyone want to sell me a v1 for a buck? I am still interested in Friktion. Or maybe I’ll head over to the Sell & Buy section in a few days haha.

Buy it

£309

12 months Subscription

£239

The only winner in the sub model is the Developer.
True. I see a lot of disappointed loyal Reason people on YT and Twitter. So my guess is you’ll be able to get Suite for way less soon.

They usually sort of slowly fade away in a subscription based world, don’t they? ;)
Actually not that slow:
To simplify our lineup we will discontinue Reason Intro and Reason Suite—the software will continue to function, and you will still be able to upgrade to the full version of Reason.

As always, they drop low-cost alternatives first.

Actually not that slow:

As always, they drop low-cost alternatives first.
Well, thanks for clearing that up. So the whole Suite thing has been a particularly shortlived concept then eh?

Miss one payment, and then what? Broken projects? I am not at all against subscriber models philosophically, but intuitively I myself have never opted for one because I am wary that I may lose access to my sounds / projects etc.
Yeah....if I have the money for 12 months sub at 239....I would just buy it outright....

The cost of entry to reason has just risen for the bedroom producer which is a sad thing in the current climate.

Did the trial. No form or process step to ask me whether I own Reason. Maybe it checks against your account data. I only have the free Pluginboutique giveaway Lite version. Was eyeing Reason because I like the concept and to enable Friktion...

Oh, and no more demo version either. You get to the 'one month free Reason+ trial' if you're trying to get the demo version.

Btw. that 'Buy Now' for Reason 11 Suite leads back to the same Reason 11 site (somebody forgot or worse didn't have the time to change that).

Top Bottom