Smart Quantize and how to work with it (Logic)

stigc56

Hi
I have some problems understanding how to work with Smart Quantize.
In a drum track I have turned on Smart Quantize set to 1/16 note and recorded som midi. After recording I need to fix some of the midi so it's more precise.
But it's not possible to hard quantize individual events! I can select them and press Q but they don't move. Using the Q-Range, Q-AntiFlam, Q-Strength will impact the whole track, right?

So the only way is to create a separate part with the midi events that I need to have really precise and then use the old Classic Quantize right?

This seems quite convoluted to me, and not at all "Apple like".
Any help appreciated.

robh

You can hard quantize (or change the quantization amount) individual events if you work in the piano roll.

Ashermusic

When Smart Quantize does not get you where you want, you can hard quantize using Q-Strength and Q-Range in the Extended Region Quantize Parameter to tailor it more specifically.

Sometimes a combination of Smart Quantize with the Humanize Transform set works well also.

Ashermusic

Something wrong. I just played a part and hard quantized the region to 8th notes, even though I played some 16th notes. In the Piano Roll I selected them and quantized them to 16th notes abided it overrode the region quantize for those notes.