What's new

Sinematic Reclipse - Please Review

Atarion Music

Sinematic Reclipse
I'd Like to hear Feedback of what you guy's think of my new single "Orichelm" I created a Soundcloud only because it's the easiest way to share with you guys. This means any feedback whether negative or positive, this way I can improve on my next one. Any mixing tips is also appreciated :)

OK so, "Orichelm is meant to give a melancholic type vibe. A massive feeling of despair.
Example: The protagonist being held back in the shadows by fellow friends and is forced to watch as the antagonist destroys his home city, kill his family, you know, ect.

markleake

Recovering sale addict
Hi Atarion, welcome to the forum. Ignoring the percussion for the moment, I think what you have is some chords, with the beginnings of a melody. Personally I'd like to hear more development, and some iteration on the melody. Once you have that developed a bit more, then you could work on the percussion.

What I am hearing currently is an underscore type of track.

OP
Atarion Music

Atarion Music

Sinematic Reclipse
Thank you for your feedback markleake. Now that you've mentioned it, I can hear it. :) I'll work on the keypoints. Anyone else? Any feedback is GOOD feedback. :)

Nesciochamp

https://soundcloud.com/nipduif
Hi Atarion, I agree with Mark here.
Also, banging the drums for 50 seconds without any variation is never a good intro.

That being said; I do like your theme and the sound of the choir. Very much drama. The dynamics are a bit lacking there. As for the strings; My recommendation would be to use volume-automation (or mod-wheel, depending on which library you used) to "smear" the notes and create more realism. Your piano/cello at the end is pretty cool. Why not use that as an intro?
Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Nipduif

OP
Atarion Music

Atarion Music

Sinematic Reclipse
Thanks. Nesciochamp, Its unfinished but still the intro I know was stupid. But here I am a week later and I'm still distressed over the current intro I have that I just removed it completely before uploading leaving, just drums. Its feels like everything I try i've heard in a track before.

Its very frustrating when I know this album have great potential. ORICHELM is originally meant to be part of a 13 track album ALL feeding off of a single theme. I removed it and now I'm going to add it back lol. I think I'm going to have to upload the intro I have and get better opinions so I can finally be done with this.

Top Bottom