What's new

Shreddage 3 Stratus - FREE VERSION

reutunes

THANK YOU IMPACT SOUNDWORKS!!!

A lovely FREE version of their awesome Shreddage 3 Stratus guitar library. For full Kontakt and now available from their site. Well worth your time checking out.

Full details HERE
  • One pickup (neck) out of three
  • All dynamics, round robins, and up/down strokes
  • Sustains, palm mutes, chokes, and release noises
  • Fingered vibrato included
  • Three octaves (12 frets) of playable range across 6 strings
  • All other editing and tweaking controls from the full version
  • TACT 2.0: Map and trigger every articulation any way you want
  • CONSOLE: Modular FX rack & mixer with 30 modules
The free download is for Kontakt 5.7. Please note that the full version of Kontakt is required, not Kontakt Player.

AVAILABLE NOW

Wow! Thank you! So very generous!!

I own Impact Soundworks Archtop and have found it not only to be very high quality instrument, but also one of my most useful guitars.

In the process of downloading now. I'm not a heavy-metal/hard-rockin guitar dude. But if I find this to be flexible for other styles of music, I will eventually spring for the full version. Thank you!

Last edited:
Wow, looks and sounds stunning. Giving it a try, but is anyone else not able to unrar the .rar on Mac? I've tried several apps but they all say that the .rar is, in fact, not a .rar. :confused:

I don't know about @devonmyles but for me it's still not working. Tried download 3 times with Safari, once with Firefox. Tried Unrar X, The Unarchiver and Stuffit Expander. Download was 778.3Mb

Worked for me on Win10 with Winrar and 7zip

Probably your download corrupted so try again to download

I don't know about @devonmyles but for me it's still not working. Tried download 3 times with Safari, once with Firefox. Tried Unrar X, The Unarchiver and Stuffit Expander. Download was 778.3Mb

I have downloaded several times.
I think I will give 'Free RAR Extract Frog' (as mentioned above by @dariusofwest)

EDIT:

All is now good.
I downloaded again with 'Edge' browser on W10.
I was using 'Opera' before, and it seems that was the culprit for some reason.

Last edited:
I’ve never been a heavy rock in dude except on B3/Moog duties.
Only have one Guitarist in one of the groups I work with.
Successful dance band but no hard edge tunes until recently.

Leads suck, sorry, they sound good on demos, etc. but unless you use two instances, then set one on a half step PBend, the other on Whole step PBend, both instances same MIDI Channel, it sounds like every other keyboard sample Guitar.
Do your PBends now and authencity increases drastically.

I’m having blast doing backing crunch tracks with balls. Use a DSP MBand Compressor and it’s tight as a Gnats Ass.
Leads, we’ll try it yourself.

I’ve got dancers doing Air Guitar on Foghat and Skynard covers (yeah it’s a cover band, no shame) so if they like it must be pretty good.

I’m using the Strymon Timeline which is fantastic for this.
Slider 9 is the Fx level, Expression sends two other CCs in varying amounts tied to MSec. And Repeats. 260-420 at random, The Pedal allows real-time modulation glitch free, like old Lexicon Delays PCM41/42.

It’s so much fun I’m learning every Zeppelin Lead, Leslie West, Hendrix, you name it. I can do this for hours of fun.

Guess I could have waited for the free, but I wanted it as soon as I heard Rick AMD Like A Hurricane demo. It was the backing crunch track.
You can also do songs like Little Wing by Hendrix, nice clean tone, crank in gain distortion for leads, etc.

I think most cats will break down and get the full version.

Leads suck, sorry, they sound good on demos, etc. but unless you use two instances, then set one on a half step PBend, the other on Whole step PBend, both instances same MIDI Channel, it sounds like every other keyboard sample Guitar.
Do your PBends now and authencity increases drastically.

Hi, I've never heard of this workflow and my demos use a single instance for leads. So it is not necessary to do this method you lay out. It simply takes an understanding of how guitar players play melodies, and working that into pitch bend and mod wheel for vibrato (or aftertouch if you prefer).

Hey let me know if S3 is the same size as other instruments.
My only issue was the resolution was huge compared to my other Kontakt instruments.
Closing the browser helped but it’s still a few inches wider in collapsed horizontal layout view.

Wow, what a great gift :2thumbs:. With the included snapshots instantly useable, first try with the "ambient world" and I really love this, have long searched for such a nice ambient guitar sound.
Thanks a lot for this one !

Top Bottom