What's new

Shreddage 3 Stratus - FREE VERSION

Hi, I've never heard of this workflow and my demos use a single instance for leads. So it is not necessary to do this method you lay out. It simply takes an understanding of how guitar players play melodies, and working that into pitch bend and mod wheel for vibrato (or aftertouch if you prefer).

Well don’t then, I played guitar as a kid and bending the B String into the E string to match pitches is a rock trick. Not necessary unless you are emulating such styles like Nugent, Sabbath, Richie Blackmore, etc.
Straight no chaser leads work for DiMeola/Howe type leads.
Sorry, I’m speaking from an era wher I played Guitar.

Cheerz

This sounds like an incredible freebie.
Stratus 3 can be used for Genres.Not just rock and metal.
Can't wait to try S3 and SRP with the version 3 engine

Last edited:
You can do this by simply using the "Unison Bend" knob.

upload_2019-1-23_14-53-34.png

Hey that’s sweet, hadn’t tried that yet.
Tomorrow I’ll have even more fun.

I actually layer Orange Tree Dracus for my second instance because it’s Editing Options and different tone blend well with S3. It has a fantastic picking quality that blends well with S3 in Skynard mode.

I should say I always layer instruments like Pianos, Horn Sections, Strings, etc.
I share a stage with SVT and Marshall stacks.
Layering sampled instruments gives me a fuller sound, especially with Guitars.
Even the Acoustic parts which Ive always done (Guitarists are too lazy to bring an Acoustic) My Orange Tree Steel String gets the old Kontakt 1 Library Plectrum as it’s layer. It’s old as Native Instruments Generator.

Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom