What's new

Shreddage 3 is EXPANDING with 5 upgraded instruments. Now available!

@zircon_st Trying to add Jupiter upgrade from Shreddage 2 but the code given on my 'deals' page says "coupon usage limit has been reached" and won't apply the $129 discount.

Same thing here. I thought I had reached my coupon limit for the day, since I had previously upgraded IBZ and SRP, but maybe a glitch? I'm in no hurry though, have a lot to play with! Oh, and Thank You for the upgrades!

The 'coupon limit' issue for S2 -> Jupiter has been fixed. We generated those coupons wrong. Just try them again and they should work!

The Deals (and thus coupons) are generated based on things you own. If you don't see a product that you ordered in your account, email our support ([email protected]) and we will take care of you.

Note that most of the time when something isn't in your account, it's usually because multiple emails were used, or you weren't logged in when you made a purchase. Easy enough for us to fix!

The 'coupon limit' issue for S2 -> Jupiter has been fixed. We generated those coupons wrong. Just try them again and they should work!

Thanks for the quick fix! All sorted. I picked up Serpent as well - thx for the crossgrade discount on that too. :)

I've had some trouble with paypal not loading, but ultimately it worked. My first impression of S3 Jupiter is pretty good! Seems to have fixed a bunch of issues with the tremolo articulations. Thanks a lot! I like how the new multi tracking selector works, makes a lot of sense. Not sure what happens when selecting all 4 guitars though, can you route 3+4 to a second pair of stereo outputs somehow?

When switching through different snapshots during playback, sometimes the audio drops out and only starts playing again when I reload the instrument. Any idea on how that could be fixed? I'm using Full Kontakt 5.8.1(r43) on win 7 x64.

I have to do some more thorough testing, but so far chances are looking good that I'll be updating IBZ to v3 as well.

I've had some trouble with paypal not loading, but ultimately it worked. My first impression of S3 Jupiter is pretty good! Seems to have fixed a bunch of issues with the tremolo articulations. Thanks a lot! I like how the new multi tracking selector works, makes a lot of sense. Not sure what happens when selecting all 4 guitars though, can you route 3+4 to a second pair of stereo outputs somehow?

When switching through different snapshots during playback, sometimes the audio drops out and only starts playing again when I reload the instrument. Any idea on how that could be fixed? I'm using Full Kontakt 5.8.1(r43) on win 7 x64.

I have to do some more thorough testing, but so far chances are looking good that I'll be updating IBZ to v3 as well.

If you enable ALL guitars (1, 2, 3, 4) they'll be automatically panned for a nice wide stereo sound. However, they won't go to different Kontakt outputs. It just wasn't possible for us to set it up that way due to how Kontakt's routing works. If you want to use multiple outputs, we recommend just using multiple instances, with each instance set to a different guitar. (The extra RAM load is minimal!)

What is the issue you found with the tremolo artics? Let us know and we'll look into it!

Regarding audio dropouts, this sounds like a bug in Kontakt itself, and is worth reporting to NI. Our snapshots make use of the new(ish) Kontakt feature allowing you to change FX via script. That's what makes Console possible - adding/changing/removing FX in any order. There's no reason this should cause audio dropouts, any more than simply changing the FX yourself in Kontakt would...

If you enable ALL guitars (1, 2, 3, 4) they'll be automatically panned for a nice wide stereo sound. However, they won't go to different Kontakt outputs. It just wasn't possible for us to set it up that way due to how Kontakt's routing works. If you want to use multiple outputs, we recommend just using multiple instances, with each instance set to a different guitar. (The extra RAM load is minimal!)
Thanks for the info! I'll use multiple instances for quadtracking then.

What is the issue you found with the tremolo artics? Let us know and we'll look into it!
That was on S2 IBZ (and to a lesser degree also regular S2), and I already reported it here and was told there will be no fix:
https://vi-control.net/community/threads/which-shreddage.76981/#post-4310458
I'm happy to say that so far in S3 Juptier I did not encounter this issue, it seems to be working fine. Which is great, because that was the main reason for me to upgrade.

Regarding audio dropouts, this sounds like a bug in Kontakt itself, and is worth reporting to NI.
Will do, I'll let you know if anything comes from it.

Edit: bug report submitted and "pending approval".

Last edited:
Hmm choosing Paypal payment open popup and after few second it close it and redirect me again to checkout page. I'm in some kind of loop. Can't pay.:laugh:

Hmm choosing Paypal payment open popup and after few second it close it and redirect me again to checkout page. I'm in some kind of loop. Can't pay.:laugh:

I think for me it only worked when I directly selected "pay with paypal" instead of "checkout", but I'm not sure anymore. I certainly had trouble with it too. First time around the payment didn't go through and i had to retry after verifying from the paypal site that they hadn't send any money yet. It was certainly unusual, felt like some server issue somewhere between ISW and paypal, because neither site was as slow as the two trying to work together. Several times it seemed to just time out. I assume it to be a temporary issue, but if it persists, let us know.

I got a notice that Shreddage 3 Stratus was changed to help future updates. I applied the new code in Native Access. I downloaded the new files from the downloads area. When un-Raring them it asks for a 4th part . However, when I go to my downloads area, there are only 3 RAR files for Samples.

Help!

Looks like a bug in our shop software. Our support will take care of it for you until we get a site-wide solution. The problem is that when we add a new file to the download list of an existing product, it doesn't auto-update everyone who owns it.

I just did the upgrade of Archtop for $20, and am surprised by three things:

1. The defaults seem geared towards rock now instead of jazz, in terms of sound character etc.
2. The window goes super-wide -- I guess due to NKS mapping? -- and no longer shows RAM used
3. I don't have coupons for upgrades of Shreddage Bass or Guitars (maybe I'm too out-of-date?)

I won't have time until late tonight or tomorrow to put two Kontakt instances side-by-side to create my own personal settings for Shreddage 3: Archtop, but right out of the box, the first thing I notice is that it seems more "loaded" (i.e. more emphasis on an amped-up sound) and a lot of sustain (which I generally avoid in jazz playing). Hopefully this is just a matter of different defaults at the outset.

I really loved the old interface as it was so direct and intuitive and presented the stuff I actually work with. I do hope that genericizing this towards the other guitars doesn't effectively turn it into a rock guitar for all practical purposes, but will understand if that was necessary to generate more sales and to simplify development on just one engine. It's good also that this doesn't invalidate the license for the older version, so that we have time to migrate our settings before deleting it (if we so wish).

I acknowledge there may have been some confusing redundancy in the old interface between the various tabs, and some non-intuitive presentation of settings (and whether they are off or merely defaulted). So hopefully I will learn to love the new version, and certainly the $20 upgrade price is outrageously cheap considering how much work was involved in presenting this new version.

Presumably the Django Guitar will also be switched to the Shreddage 3 engine later on?

Specifically, regarding the upgrade paths, it's a little confusing due to your rebranding of product names multiple times over the years, but all of my licenses show up so that's not an issue. I didn't buy any other products once I knew about Shreddage 3 a few months back, but I was expecting that what I currently have was still part of the Shreddage 2 line-up that leads directly into Shreddage 3, but I could be wrong.

Shreddage Bass Picked Edition
Shreddage II
Shreddage 2X

That's not what they were called when I bought them, and I think the updates were free, so it may be that I am considered one generation behind from a pricing point of view. I just thought I'd bring this up because it may also be why some others didn't see their expected upgrade coupons.

I initially saw the $20 upgrade for Archtop (a product I was not expecting to be Shreddage-ized), and took advantage of that, after which the loyalty discounts appeared for owning a Shreddage 3 product already. But nothing related to the Shreddage 2 licenses, which likely would be heft discounts.

It's not a big deal either way, as I only use this sort of thing during early mock-up stages, with the exception of the Archtop which I use in final production on material where my skill level isn't "there".

But it's good to know if there's a technical glitch, so that one can prioritize one's budgeting. I do like all of these products quite a bit, so will definitely upgrade to Shreddage 3 if there is supposed to be a similar discount for the three "earlier" products mentioned above.

Impact Soundworks remains one of my top vendors, in terms of what actually gets used in production work. The attention to detail, knowledge of the genres and instruments, and mic choices, are always superb. In the case of Shreddage 3, it's pretty obvious that the upgrade and the more consistent branding of the full product range, is a reaction to competition from OTS Evolution (also excellent), but I actually see these vendors as complementary and both being top in their game. Ten years ago or so, we had nothing even remotely this usable and realistic for guitar and bass mock-ups!

Top Bottom