What's new

Shreddag3 Stratus

Hi Leon,

Here is a page that shows all that Shreddage 3 Stratus FREE has to offer. It has many song demos written entirely using only the free version, as well as a lengthy tutorial video overviewing all the different things you can do with it. There is also a chart showing how the material compares to the full version.

You need to copy the presets file to the Kontakt file in your documents folder - usually C:\user\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt

Edit: Sorry, the snapshots folder not presets.

Sorry, found the directions:
1. Navigate to your User Content directory. For Windows and Mac OSX machines, this is located at "[Documents or My Documents]\Native Instruments\User Content"

2. Create a folder called "Kontakt" if there currently is not one.

3. Inside the Kontakt folder, create a directory called 'Shreddage 3 Stratus FREE".

3. Copy and paste the contents of Snapshots directory included in this library into this folder.

The snapshots (for me) really shows the Magic of this instrument and I will with pleasure repeat myself: this is the best free guitar library available and I still wonder that they give it for free with just limitations in playable range

Leon, then there must be something wrong with the pathes then, I had no problems installing. The place and the naming have to be absolutely correct, so you have to look if you copy the directory OR the files inside the directory for example. Installation pathes depends on operating system to. I dont remember if there is an installation guide specific for the snapshots (I am at work now cant look at my installation pathes). Another option will be to show the path inside kontakt but thats a little complicated to if you have never done before. If you click on the wrench button there in the settings you have the option to set the snapshots folder too. If no one else can help I will have a look in the evening when I am back from work and make a screen of my snapshots folder and post it.

Back at home, here it is how it is looking on my PC, win 7, 64bit:

Path: C:\Users\User\Documents\Native Instruments\User Content\Kontakt\Shreddage 3 Stratus FREE

If you have ever installed any snapshots the path ....\user content\Kontakt will already be there.

If not you have to create it manually as is described in the short installtation text file:

1. Navigate to your User Content directory. For Windows and Mac OSX machines, this is located at "[Documents or My Documents]\Native Instruments\User Content"

2. Create a folder called "Kontakt" if there currently is not one.

3. Inside the Kontakt folder, create a directory called 'Shreddage 3 Stratus FREE".

3. Copy and paste the contents of Snapshots directory included in this library into this folder.

What is really solved badly from Impact soundworks if you never used snapshots is that you have manually to create the snapshot folder for "Shreddage 3 Stratus FREE" and copy all the single snapshots in there. Normally you just have the directory with the right name already and just copy that. Now if you miss one blank or anything it wont work.

Hope that helps, I know how complicated it was for me with the first snapshot-libs :).

What is really solved badly from Impact soundworks if you never used snapshots is that you have manually to create the snapshot folder for "Shreddage 3 Stratus FREE" and copy all the single snapshots in there. Normally you just have the directory with the right name already and just copy that. Now if you miss one blank or anything it wont work.

This doesn't have anything to do with us. Kontakt Scripting can not create directories and so it falls on the user to create the directory. They can do this manually or save 1 snapshot in the instrument so the directory is auto-generated by Kontakt.

This is really on Native Instruments for requiring User Content directories for unlicensed Kontakt libraries, rather than the instrument being able to locate the adjacent Snapshots/ directory just as it does in KP libraries. And licensing a free library for Kontakt player is non-negotiable, it's essentially setting fire to thousands of dollars.

In my personal opinion, the couple minutes of (again, unavoidable) work setting up the Snapshots is an extremely small trade for a free instrument with as much sample data and engine features as this one. We'd be happy to fix it if it was possible, but it is not.

In my personal opinion, the couple minutes of (again, unavoidable) work setting up the Snapshots is an extremely small trade for a free instrument with as much sample data and engine features as this one

I agree totally on that, I hope you have read my praise of the library too :)

Maybe just a missunderstanding, the only thing I was critizising is just why you not have just named the snapshot folder "Shreddage 3 Stratus FREE" instead of "Snapshots" so that you can copy that directory directly to \user content\Kontakt like its with most snapshots libs I know. This way user dont have to create it manually and you avoid spelling errors.

The snapshots (for me) really shows the Magic of this instrument and I will with pleasure repeat myself: this is the best free guitar library available and I still wonder that they give it for free with just limitations in playable range

The legato articulations are missing from the free version, and they’re pretty important for programming realistic guitar lines.

Dex, I am sure you are right and maybe there are some other limitations I missed but as I tend to use "as it is" that was the point that impressed me so much from this free instrument: it is just instantly useable with so much knowledge just put into the snapshots and make it just sound great just thrown on an existing track that just still makes me "insist" :) that this is the greatest free guitar instrument out there (and as you might get from the "official" answer to my last post: no, I am no shillbot :) )

Top Bottom