What's new

Show us your music - get 40% Coupon

Hey there,

thanks for the submissions already made, will update the Soundcloud playlist with the already existing tracks from those, who want it to be featured :)

Paul :)

Bit later than planned, but finally got some free time this evening to work on a second track, this time featuring the Mountains and Talua libraries. Some lovely string synths and bell tones in those two.

I also managed to coax out some more percussion sounds, based around an edited version of the "Attack Bell" preset from Talua, but processed through a few Audio Damage plugins - namely Grind (for bitcrushed distortion), Discord 4 (which I used to pitch down two octaves) and Ratshack (for dirty reverb). I also used the Ableton Erosion, Resonator and Frequency Shifter as well.

Once I had the finished sound, it was just a case of filtering and pitching multiple versions of it to create hi hats and snares. I reused the kick I created for the first track though ;)

Bit later than planned, but finally got some free time this evening to work on a second track, this time featuring the Mountains and Talua libraries. Some lovely string synths and bell tones in those two.

I also managed to coax out some more percussion sounds, based around an edited version of the "Attack Bell" preset from Talua, but processed through a few Audio Damage plugins - namely Grind (for bitcrushed distortion), Discord 4 (which I used to pitch down two octaves) and Ratshack (for dirty reverb). I also used the Ableton Erosion, Resonator and Frequency Shifter as well.

Once I had the finished sound, it was just a case of filtering and pitching multiple versions of it to create hi hats and snares. I reused the kick I created for the first track though ;)

Sounds really great, very creative use of my instruments :)

Is there a problem with latest kontakt and Consona Shorts ? I try to load them but it throws up an error with crashlog, Consona Sustains work and Fragments work but for some reason Consona Shorts keeps crashing Kontakt, I've deleted the folder & reinstalled via zip but same results

Me again :)

I've been suffering with something of an identity crisis of late, but decided to embrace it and I present to you Strange Resonances (ScarKord Remix)...

Per the rules, all sounds are from SAS libraries

Last edited:
Is there a problem with latest kontakt and Consona Shorts ? I try to load them but it throws up an error with crashlog, Consona Sustains work and Fragments work but for some reason Consona Shorts keeps crashing Kontakt, I've deleted the folder & reinstalled via zip but same results
Hey,

Well I can not reproduce the problem over here, maybe it's better if you send me some screenshots at [email protected] and we try to solve it there since this thread is meant for the promotion only :)

Paul

Me again :)

I've been suffering with something of an identity crisis of late, but decided to embrace it and I present to you Strange Resonances (ScarKord Remix)...

Per the rules, all sounds are from SAS libraries

Hehe, yet again it sounds really cool so no need to feel so ;)

Hey,

Well I can not reproduce the problem over here, maybe it's better if you send me some screenshots at [email protected] and we try to solve it there since this thread is meant for the promotion only :)

Paul

Thanks for the reply but it's fine now, latest Kontakt update seems to have fixed whatever was wrong, now to try and make some music with them :)

Thanks for the reply but it's fine now, latest Kontakt update seems to have fixed whatever was wrong, now to try and make some music with them :)
Sounds great! I am on a fairly old version of K6 (for development backwards compatibility reasons) so that's probably why I did not get any error message :)

Was not sure if to sent link only or put it in here, so I just do both :) .

Strange experience (in strange days...) putting this together and ending with something unexpected.

Combined this "going threw" all of the wonderful libraries from Paul with trying out a new generative tool and it brings me kind of back to bygone days and to something I hardly would have thought of by myself....

As you will hear: not much time for automation, mixing, mastering but I really wanted to finish this one so please be forgiving with me in between all the great songs already posted.

Really inspiring and so diverse, my personal favourite the Meditation Mediation so far (I wish I could just be that straight, always some guitars, percussions, bells....flowing in and then its all crowded, sigh....) maybe just because I spent the weekend on that kind of stuff (Tai Chi and TCM) :) .

Thanks Paul for that great idea and thanks to all for this great inspiration !

Was not sure if to sent link only or put it in here, so I just do both :) .

Strange experience (in strange days...) putting this together and ending with something unexpected.

Combined this "going threw" all of the wonderful libraries from Paul with trying out a new generative tool and it brings me kind of back to bygone days and to something I hardly would have thought of by myself....

As you will hear: not much time for automation, mixing, mastering but I really wanted to finish this one so please be forgiving with me in between all the great songs already posted.

Really inspiring and so diverse, my personal favourite the Meditation Mediation so far (I wish I could just be that straight, always some guitars, percussions, bells....flowing in and then its all crowded, sigh....) maybe just because I spent the weekend on that kind of stuff (Tai Chi and TCM) :) .

Thanks Paul for that great idea and thanks to all for this great inspiration !

Hey,

thanks for submitting the track and I really like the vibe of it even if it's something different I think. And yeah, I see that it's missing some mixing here and there but hey, this promotion isn't about delivering the perfect mix, it's about being creative anyways ;)

Had a rare free evening tonight, so created track number three. As it was mainly built around the 'Mountain' sample library, I called it 'The Climb'.

A bit of background on the percussion sounds you can hear on the intro.

The glitchy loop used iZotope Trash 2 to turn a resampled version of 'Sub Balimba' from Fragments (pitched down an octave) into a distorted kick with a strange fizzy tail. This was sequenced and passed through Shaperbox followed by AAS Objeq Delay to add tabla like ping-pong echos.

The 'Helicopter' sound which fades in around 10 seconds into the track started out as 'Rich String' from Mountains, but pitched down 2 octaves. This was processed through Sausage Fattener and Audio Damage Grind which created an atonal, flappy, distorted noise. But it was a bit 'Dubstep' for my liking, so I tamed it through (you've guessed it) Shaperbox 2 to smooth the sound and give it a more predictable pattern.

And there you have it. Another productive evening thanks to Sound Aesthetics :)

Had a rare free evening tonight, so created track number three. As it was mainly built around the 'Mountain' sample library, I called it 'The Climb'.

A bit of background on the percussion sounds you can hear on the intro.

The glitchy loop used iZotope Trash 2 to turn a resampled version of 'Sub Balimba' from Fragments (pitched down an octave) into a distorted kick with a strange fizzy tail. This was sequenced and passed through Shaperbox followed by AAS Objeq Delay to add tabla like ping-pong echos.

The 'Helicopter' sound which fades in around 10 seconds into the track started out as 'Rich String' from Mountains, but pitched down 2 octaves. This was processed through Sausage Fattener and Audio Damage Grind which created an atonal, flappy, distorted noise. But it was a bit 'Dubstep' for my liking, so I tamed it through (you've guessed it) Shaperbox 2 to smooth the sound and give it a more predictable pattern.

And there you have it. Another productive evening thanks to Sound Aesthetics :)

Thanks Jason,

great track as usual! Really interesting and experimental approach again :)

Gentle Reminder that there are only about two weeks left to send me the tracks and receive the 40% discount code, which can be used on anything, including the bundles.

The expiration date for the codes has been extended to october 31st :)

Enjoy!

Last Few days to submit your track. I will also announce the small surprise for the Participants on oct. 1st.
Have a great weekend :)
Paul

Been having a lot of computer issues, but the old girl seems to be fighting through it. Perhaps she'll last long enough to finish the piece I started.

Just quoting myself ;)

Might have found the source of my computer issues, though not completely sure. Seems I may have a swollen battery. Will have to check, once it's cooled down. Might not make the deadline. No real problem, I guess. I have a pretty nice idea that I'm working on, which I hope to be able to share once I've sorted all of this nonsense.

Just quoting myself ;)

Might have found the source of my computer issues, though not completely sure. Seems I may have a swollen battery. Will have to check, once it's cooled down. Might not make the deadline. No real problem, I guess. I have a pretty nice idea that I'm working on, which I hope to be able to share once I've sorted all of this nonsense.
Well, if it's a little over I won't complain either, but of course it'd be cool to stick to the schedule I set :)
But anyways looking forward to what you're creating.

Paul

Top Bottom