What's new

Show me your instruments!

Manaberry

Hey,
In the vein of "Show me your d...esk", it could be nice this time to focus on the instruments. What lovely instruments you've got in your studio?! (Feel free to add an audio sample or even a track with the mentioned instruments).

Here is my last acquisition. A very cheap Jaw's Harp I used last month on a documentary score. (I'm far from being good at it, but it did the job pretty well)

IMG_20211008_121103.jpg

Last edited:
FWIW, English is the only language which ties this instrument to the Jewish people. There is actually nothing remotely Jewish in the instrument or it’s history. Silly, actually.

FWIW, English is the only language which ties this instrument to the Jewish people. There is actually nothing remotely Jewish in the instrument or it’s history. Silly, actually.
It's also called a Jaws Harp, which is far more sensible. I'm guessing that at some point people started misnaming it and it became the Jews Harp

Never had any idea thats what it looks like. Like a dagger. Thanks for showing photo.

Last edited:
Hey,
In the vein of "Show me your d...esk", it could be nice this time to focus on the instruments. What lovely instruments you've got in your studio?! (Feel free to add an audio sample or even a track with the mentioned instruments).

Here is my last acquisition. A very cheap Jew's Harp I used last month on a documentary score. (I'm far from being good at it, but it did the job pretty well)

IMG_20211008_121103.jpg

isn't it called a JAW's harp formally? (i know it as such e.g.)
But only some English speaking countries call it jew's (street/non formal language)? (phonetic error in history)
I guess the USA is one of those countries?

Everything I ever wanted to know about the Jaw Harp...and more!
https://www.jewsharpguild.org/history.html

isn't it called a JAW's harp formally? (i know it as such e.g.)
But only some English speaking countries call it jew's (street/non formal language)? (phonetic error in history)
I guess the USA is one of those countries?
Well, I have no idea what's the correct way to call it. Thomann was listing the product like that. I think at first it was the right way.

I got this pretty bad boy for a gift , around my 40th. Sorry I dont know why the forum is turning the image on its side . This is a very unique Guitar. Does anyone know about its history ?

IMG_1589.jpg
I have not seen anything like this one! (please consider that I'm not a guitar expert at all haha)

Looks like some sort of hammered dulcimer as far as I can tell? Those things sound beautiful when you can get a live performance.

I got this pretty bad boy for a gift , around my 40th. Sorry I dont know why the forum is turning the image on its side . This is a very unique Guitar. Does anyone know about its history ?

IMG_1589.jpg
In all my years as a guitar player, I never heard of Burns, very interesting! Wikipedia to the rescue!

Top Bottom