What's new

Show me your desk

Ancient pic of my room from 13 years ago?!?

The desk is just two ikea office tops with two ikea kitchen cabinets underneath as a base.
Got it all from the "as is" room for like $200.

Ikea currently sells a cooler version of these tops.
Point being - an ergonomic work space can be hacked together cheap.

Ed Studio 83rd Street 1.jpg

4.3 :)

My desk, I LOVING the output platform. Have the Aeron chair.
I'm impatiently waiting for my ATC Speakers!!! AHHH!

0w740Io.jpg

KLyXJgM.jpg
Looks awesome! How long have you had the Output desk? Been eyeing one myself. Do you find your neck getting tired at all having to look up at the monitor ever so slightly? That is my biggest concern for those Long work days. Do you use the iPad for real time sound manipulation? If so, is the reach ok for the iPad while playing the keyboard? And lastly, how is the typing keyboard & mouse height? I spend way more time with mouse and keyboard than midi keyboard, so its got to be the most comfortable part for me. Hopefully the table top is not raised too much for the midi keyboard to fit under the desk?

Last edited:
Looks awesome! How long have you had the Output desk? Been eyeing one myself. Do you find your neck getting tired at all having to look up at the monitor ever so slightly? That is my biggest concern for those Long work days. Do you use the iPad for real time sound manipulation? If so, is the reach ok for the iPad while playing the keyboard? And lastly, how is the typing keyboard & mouse height? I spend way more time with mouse and keyboard than midi keyboard, so its got to be the most comfortable part for me. Hopefully the table top is not raised too much for the midi keyboard to fit under the desk?

Just DM'd you!!

Anyone got experience of the Zaor Vision desk range? I'm thinking about purchasing the Vision O and Vision K (keyboard desk on wheels that you can push under the O desk). I'm wondering how manoeuvrable in practice the keyboard desk will be on carpet with a NI S88 keyboard on top of it. The keyboard desk isn't attached to the main desk, it is designed to just be pushed under it. I can imagine having to keep straightening the keyboard desk up! Thoughts? I did consider the Zaor Miza range where the keyboard desk is attached to the main desk. However the height of the main desk would be too high for me.

It's all the space I need.
On the right are the MacPro VEP slaves.
In front my bike ... ;)

At the moment I am thinking about buying new monitors. The big Sony studio monitors are great, but also very big. I liked to have a little more space.

AndyP Wprkspace.jpg

And my portable setup...
AndyP mobile setup.jpg

Last edited:
For some reason I have time to make custom composer's desks if anyone is interested. Special coronvirus pricing act now for the low low price of only (well, it depends on the design, materials, etc.).

Please scroll down to David Hall's post for an example of my work in this thread.

One issue with my setup is recording ensembles... so you might need to head down to Radio Shack and pick up some splitter adapters. It helps if everyone can hear the metronome.
Looks like sound systems at most Baptist churches. I know, I've had to rip several apart and rebuild, and the staff looks at me funny when I throw all those Tandy trinkets in the can with a loud MUHAHAHAHAHAHA emanating from my vocal chords.

Funny, I've never been asked to join a choir...

Top Bottom